How do I Setup HAVA Streaming Player within my setup

Musick7

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
OK, Let me explain what I've got and Using Now...

Right now All items are working as in I'm able to surf the web without any problems...

The main Router/Modem is an AT&T U-VERSE 3800 2Wire Modem. Off of that I've got one Apple Airport Extreme router in 5GHz N Mode hooked up with Cat5.
My second Airport Extreme is about 436.7ft from the Main Airport (mentioned Above) second is in 5Ghz N not connected with a cable. I set this up using my iMac Airport Utility. I followed the steps within airport utility to make a WDS network, this worked Flawlessly.
Once I got it all working I took the second router to it's location 436.7ft away.
(If your wondering how I know the exact distance between each router, I found a Great Tool within our County Assessors website that uses something like Google Maps but much more up close and personal overhead shots... and has a measuring tool you can use.)

Ok now back to my problem,
The second Airport Extreme has a 2Wire Router attached to it to CONVERT the signal back to 2.4GHz G mode since my Windows 7 Laptop doesn't have a Wireless N card built in...
I think this is the cause of my Issue. (Which I'm getting to... someday.) =)
_________________________________________________________________________________

I am using a HAVA Streaming Player to stream my DirecTV DVR over the Web. (this is much like the Slingbox)
When I'm in the Main Network that has the Actual AT&T Uverse 2wire router/Airport extreme, I can view my Hava Player within the network.
When I go to the 2nd Location and connect to the 2nd 2wire modem thats connected to the Airport Extreme to convert the wifi signal back to 2.4GHz G,
I can't View the HAVA Player...

I haven't tried using a Cat5 directly connected to the 2nd Airport to my laptop bypassing the 2.4GHz G 2wire router. I don't know as of now if I can view the HAVA player doing so...
So my question to you guys is,
How do I get the 2.4GHz 2wire 2nd location router to be on the same network as the main location 2wire modem/router?

Musick7

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011

The Apple Airports will show a Green light if it has Connection to the Other station. It will flash Orange if it's not synced. It also has within the Airport Utility under Logs & Statistics Wireless Signal Strength.

In the main house I get 18Mb Download and 1.5 Up. With the Second location wireless system I'm able to get the same speeds if I have the Main Airport sitting outside my garage. When I move it into the garage and shut the house all up, I get about 6Mb down & 1.5 Up... (The unit is next to a Window in the Garage, which improved my speeds there)

I'm trying to locate an Outdoor Weather Proof box to permanently mount Outdoors on the main House. So Far can't locate one that will work.

Ps
If I setup the Two Airports in 2.4GHz N mode or anything other than 5GHz N mode ONLY. I can't get a signal and it won't sync.
5GHz N is the only way this works. It has about 4-6 Power Lines between each base station, Along with housing and Several other Wireless Signal showing up in scans from the laptop. All in all I think it's 20+ wifi signals I can view if I take my laptop outside and sit in the driveway. So I'm fighting with some Radio Pollution then add on the High Power Power lines running through the middle of each location.

I'm really surprised I get a signal at all in any mode being this distance. But it works and never drops signal. (Knock on wood)