Sign in with
Your question

Crossfire 6950 FPS issue with dual LCD's

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 8, 2011 9:43:49 AM

Now, Ill explain my dilemma.

I have 2 LCD's, left hand is a Samsung 22", right hand an Acer 24" (The acer was the only thing with HDMI, DVI and various other features I wanted, dont hate me)

I bought 2 new GPU's, both ATI HD6950's, previously running a 4870x2.

Playing CoD4/Age of Conan, on the 24" regardless of windows settings, ATI driver settings, and DVI cable positions on the GPU my FPS caps out at 60.
Playing CoD4/Age of Conan, on the 22" regardless of windows settings, ATI driver settings, and DVI cable positions on the GPU my FPS caps out at 650 (max obviously).

I have swapped them physically, I have changed between main, extended, etc. I cannot test by duplicating the LCD as the FPS wont read correctly in game.

What am I not getting? Surely the new cards arnt struggling with the higher fps THAT much?
August 8, 2011 1:00:25 PM

Try Turning Off Vsync
m
l
August 8, 2011 7:50:25 PM

Havn't got Vsync turned on in game, also can't find anywhere in the ATI drivers where it can be turned on and off. This LCD has also previously run over 100 FPS in the same games with my old GPU
m
l
August 8, 2011 8:31:07 PM

Think ive found the issue. My 22" regardless of config is always LCD 1 in windows and the 24" is always LCD 2. Im not talking about main/secondary monitor, only when you identify them, and as far as I know, crossfire will only work on LCD 1, which explains my problem. How do you change this?
m
l
!