Computer shut down automatically and power light is blinking and cpu fan stopped

computer shut down after 2-3 hours. power led is blinking and cpu fan stopped
4 answers Last reply
More about computer shut automatically power light blinking stopped
  1. sounds like something got hot .... reboot and examine dmp files and Event Viewer messages.
  2. JackNaylorPE said:
    sounds like something got hot .... reboot and examine dmp files and Event Viewer messages.

he said that the cpu fan is stopped.. its risky for him to reboot..

i suggest you to take out the heatsink and check for any damages to the processor.. like pins bent coz even if one pin is bent, it wont display.. but i feel that your heatsink might have failed.. changing your heatsink will do the job.. :)

if you are not good at hardware.. check youtube to see videos oh how to remove and replace the heatsink etc. else, revert back here, i will help you, else,

i suggest you to take it to a service center.. :)
  3. ajay_vishvanathan said:
    he said that the cpu fan is stopped.. its risky for him to reboot..

i suggest you to take out the heatsink and check for any damages to the processor.. like pins bent coz even if one pin is bent, it wont display.. but i feel that your heatsink might have failed.. changing your heatsink will do the job.. :)

if you are not good at hardware.. check youtube to see videos oh how to remove and replace the heatsink etc. else, revert back here, i will help you, else,

i suggest you to take it to a service center.. :)

Are you high? Seriously I wouldn't take that advise with even a small grain of salt. The CPU fan stopped because the computer is off, he stated it shut off after 2-3 hours nothing about a bent pin. If there was a bent pin the computer wouldn't even turn on let alone boot an OS. My suggestion is this:
    Step 1) Open the computer up and blow all the dust out with a can of compressed air
    Step 2) Monitor CPU/GPU temps with a program called Speedfan found here: http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php
    Step 3) Post back if your temps are higher than 70 degrees Celsius.
  4. How old is this system? I have seen this behavior from a PC with bad capacitors on the mobo. Google "bad capacitors" for some good images.
    Otherwise, post your system specs, including the brand and model (not just wattage) of your PSU.

Ummm...feeling a little silly here...any chance the PC went into hibernation? Were you busy using it when this happened, or had it been sitting there idle?
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Computer Shutdown Power CPUs Systems