Closed

Searching for Headset Class 1

Last response: in Technologies
September 23, 2004 7:56:56 PM

Hi,

I am searching for a bluetooth headset with class 1 --> I want to have a
headset with range over 10m. Till now i have not found any headset with
class 1.

Do somebody from you know such a headset and where I can get this headset
here in Germany?

Thanks,

Volker
Anonymous
September 25, 2004 2:18:16 AM

"Volker M. Reisberger" <v-m-r@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am searching for a bluetooth headset with class 1 --> I want to have a
> headset with range over 10m. Till now i have not found any headset with
> class 1.
>
> Do somebody from you know such a headset and where I can get this headset
> here in Germany?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Volker

I doubt that one would be available. The amount of RF radiation from one of
those might be higher than is allowed by SAR standards??

But I could be wrong too... Wouldn't be the first time..:-)

--
God Bless America!

Bob the Printer

Our web pages are located at:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bdolson/
September 27, 2004 9:28:06 PM

Try ebay

"Volker M. Reisberger" <v-m-r@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am searching for a bluetooth headset with class 1 --> I want to have a
> headset with range over 10m. Till now i have not found any headset with
> class 1.
>
> Do somebody from you know such a headset and where I can get this headset
> here in Germany?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Volker

October 2, 2004 11:04:53 PM

Remember, a class 1 device consumes much more power, so the standby time
will be much shorter than for a class 2 device.
I haven't come across one.

"Bob the Printer" <bdolson@comcast.net> schreef in bericht

> "Volker M. Reisberger" <v-m-r@gmx.de> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am searching for a bluetooth headset with class 1 --> I want to have a
> > headset with range over 10m. Till now i have not found any headset with
> > class 1.
> >
> > Do somebody from you know such a headset and where I can get this
headset
> > here in Germany?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Volker
> >

> I doubt that one would be available. The amount of RF radiation from one
of
> those might be higher than is allowed by SAR standards??
>
> But I could be wrong too... Wouldn't be the first time..:-)
>

> --
> God Bless America!
>
> Bob the Printer
>

> Our web pages are located at:
> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bdolson/

Anonymous
October 15, 2004 8:05:05 PM

I have been searching for one of these too.
Oh, and it should be stereo also!

It really blows my mind that no one has yet developed a full-size
class 1 stereo PC headset with mic.

Especially for use with Skype, it would be sooo useful.

Part of the problem is that 99% of PC Bluetooth adapters do not come
ready for the headset profile, which is STUPID.

I just bought a Linksys Class 1 USB adapter, which does support
headset, and am able to walk around my entire office (about 10x10
cubes) and maintain a conversation over Skype with a Bluetooth
Chameleon BT headset!

However, almost (if not all) bluetooth adapters are designed for
cellphones,which isnt ideal for PC use.

One designed for a PC could be stereo, with good sound and a
recharging stand. As they could fit around the head with a band, you
could also prolly put in a better battery, transceiver, and make it
more comfortable,like my comfy Sennheiser PC headset.

I dont think there is a safety concern with Class 1 headsets - they
are still only 100 meters, whereas your cellphone radio can reach a
cell tower miles away!

"Volker M. Reisberger" <v-m-r@gmx.de> wrote in message news:<2rg37vF1aasevU1@uni-berlin.de>...
> Hi,
>
> I am searching for a bluetooth headset with class 1 --> I want to have a
> headset with range over 10m. Till now i have not found any headset with
> class 1.
>
> Do somebody from you know such a headset and where I can get this headset
> here in Germany?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Volker
March 25, 2010 2:38:06 PM

i am also looking for a good class 1 headset. i've seen that plantronics has one as well as the dragon.
as far as stereo goes... remember, a class 2 device can still receive audio from a class 1 device from 100m. it's the transmission from a class 2 device that suffers. if you are gaming, i see where you are coming from. but you really shouldn't be using that kind of language with 9 year olds!
April 5, 2010 10:12:41 AM

hey ..why don't you search this thing on google, it will help you out
September 21, 2011 7:25:22 PM

I'm thinking that a class 1 Bluetooth headset would be pretty useless without a class 1 cell phone to go with it. If your microphone on the headset was the only thing going, maybe it would work, but you've got to be able to have two way communications at class 1 power. It would definitely work with a PC that had a class 1 dongle, but I don't think a cell phone would be equipped to transmit Bluetooth at 100 mW (class 1).

September 24, 2011 4:19:39 AM

This topic has been closed by Buwish
!