Ubee ddw2600 use with cable modem?

salb4

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
I have a cable WIRELESS modem, I also have cable modem from local cable company, the kind with telephone connected. :eek:

Question is can I hook up a cable wireless modem with my regular home modem, ( i want to use wirelss for my laptop.)

http://www.ubeeinteractive.com/index.php/products/product-overview/wireless_cable_router1/

Solution
maybe

can you log into that router?

if so, setup the wireless security.
then disable the DHCP and change the LAN IP to match IP scheme of the main router you are using. Ex: if the main router IP is 192.168.1.1 change the wireless router's LAN IP to 192.168.1.253
finally connect the wireless router to the main router via network cable

go Start then Run in XP - (Windows key plus R in Vista and Windows 7), then type in the following, including all the spaces:- cmd /k ipconfig /all -- then press Enter and from the black form that shows up, take a note of the numeric code beside the word "gateway" -- usually something like 192.168.0.1. Type exit to close the black form. The Gateway is your main router's IP.
maybe

can you log into that router?

if so, setup the wireless security.
then disable the DHCP and change the LAN IP to match IP scheme of the main router you are using. Ex: if the main router IP is 192.168.1.1 change the wireless router's LAN IP to 192.168.1.253
finally connect the wireless router to the main router via network cable

go Start then Run in XP - (Windows key plus R in Vista and Windows 7), then type in the following, including all the spaces:- cmd /k ipconfig /all -- then press Enter and from the black form that shows up, take a note of the numeric code beside the word "gateway" -- usually something like 192.168.0.1. Type exit to close the black form. The Gateway is your main router's IP.

Solution

salb4

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
looks so close I can taste it. laptop sees wireless network logs into it, but cannot go on internet? The wirelss cable modem has all good lites except, no ready lite? Thanks so far!!!!