Cannot Create Toolbar

Can anyone help me.

For some reason, all of a sudden, I cannot create a
toolbar on the taskbar for the "Quick Launch",
the "Desktop" or any other folder on my hard drive.

When I try to create one, it comes up with an error that
says "Cannot Create Toolbar" and that's it.

Please help, I really want my Quick Launch toolbar back!
4 answers Last reply
More about cannot create toolbar

    See www.dougknox.com, Win XP Fixes, Cannot Create Toolbar for.......... Error message

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Matt" <beerguy721@excite.com> wrote in message news:56c101c47452$428d8e10$a301280a@phx.gbl...
    > Can anyone help me.
    >
    > For some reason, all of a sudden, I cannot create a
    > toolbar on the taskbar for the "Quick Launch",
    > the "Desktop" or any other folder on my hard drive.
    >
    > When I try to create one, it comes up with an error that
    > says "Cannot Create Toolbar" and that's it.
    >
    > Please help, I really want my Quick Launch toolbar back!

    Hi Matt,

    Very common issue as of late. This is due to spyware and cleaners.

    Quick Launch: Gives error message, Cannot Create Toolbar

    Either download the .reg or .vbs from here or run my utility listed below it
    to correct.
    Note: If you already have my utility downloaded, you will need to
    re-download for the added fix.

    Cannot Create Toolbar - Quick Launch (Line 296)

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus! Quick Launch - Repair

    Quick Launch: Won't remain checked/present nor retains the sort order

    Either check your settings here:

    Go to Start/Run/Regedit and navigate to this key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon.

    In the right pane under Userinit, Change the key to read:
    C:\Windows\System32\Userinit.exe,

    Or download and run the reg file on line 263 (right hand side)

    Tip:

    To use the Regedit: Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it
    and answer yes to the import prompt. REG files can be viewed in Notepad by
    right clicking on the file and selecting Edit.

    To use the VBS Files: Download .vbs file and save it to your hard drive (you
    may want to right click and use Save Target As). Double click the vbs
    file. You will be prompted when the script is done.

    --
    All the Best,
    Kelly

    Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
    2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

  3. matt said:

    Can anyone help me.

    For some reason, all of a sudden, I cannot create a
    toolbar on the taskbar for the "Quick Launch",
    the "Desktop" or any other folder on my hard drive.

    When I try to create one, it comes up with an error that
    says "Cannot Create Toolbar" and that's it.

    Please help, I really want my Quick Launch toolbar back!

    Try this link:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/190355/EN-US#FixedAlways
  4. Everybody with this issue try this link:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/190355/EN-US#FixedAlways

Configuration Quick Launch Customization Windows XP