Cannot Create Toolbar

July 28, 2004 12:23:32 AM

Can anyone help me.

For some reason, all of a sudden, I cannot create a
toolbar on the taskbar for the "Quick Launch",
the "Desktop" or any other folder on my hard drive.

When I try to create one, it comes up with an error that
says "Cannot Create Toolbar" and that's it.

Please help, I really want my Quick Launch toolbar back!

More about : create toolbar

Anonymous
July 28, 2004 3:32:38 AM

See www.dougknox.com, Win XP Fixes, Cannot Create Toolbar for.......... Error message

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Matt" <beerguy721@excite.com> wrote in message news:56c101c47452$428d8e10$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> Can anyone help me.
>
> For some reason, all of a sudden, I cannot create a
> toolbar on the taskbar for the "Quick Launch",
> the "Desktop" or any other folder on my hard drive.
>
> When I try to create one, it comes up with an error that
> says "Cannot Create Toolbar" and that's it.
>
> Please help, I really want my Quick Launch toolbar back!
July 29, 2004 5:29:02 AM

Hi Matt,

Very common issue as of late. This is due to spyware and cleaners.

Quick Launch: Gives error message, Cannot Create Toolbar

Either download the .reg or .vbs from here or run my utility listed below it
to correct.
Note: If you already have my utility downloaded, you will need to
re-download for the added fix.

Cannot Create Toolbar - Quick Launch (Line 296)

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus! Quick Launch - Repair

Quick Launch: Won't remain checked/present nor retains the sort order

Either check your settings here:

Go to Start/Run/Regedit and navigate to this key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon.

In the right pane under Userinit, Change the key to read:
C:\Windows\System32\Userinit.exe,

Or download and run the reg file on line 263 (right hand side)

Tip:

To use the Regedit: Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it
and answer yes to the import prompt. REG files can be viewed in Notepad by
right clicking on the file and selecting Edit.

To use the VBS Files: Download .vbs file and save it to your hard drive (you
may want to right click and use Save Target As). Double click the vbs
file. You will be prompted when the script is done.

--
All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

"Matt" <beerguy721@excite.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone help me.
>
> For some reason, all of a sudden, I cannot create a
> toolbar on the taskbar for the "Quick Launch",
> the "Desktop" or any other folder on my hard drive.
>
> When I try to create one, it comes up with an error that
> says "Cannot Create Toolbar" and that's it.
>
> Please help, I really want my Quick Launch toolbar back!
Related resources
April 20, 2011 8:43:52 PM

matt said:

Can anyone help me.

For some reason, all of a sudden, I cannot create a
toolbar on the taskbar for the "Quick Launch",
the "Desktop" or any other folder on my hard drive.

When I try to create one, it comes up with an error that
says "Cannot Create Toolbar" and that's it.

Please help, I really want my Quick Launch toolbar back!

Try this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/190355/EN-US#FixedAlway...
!