2 Points Away From My Big Regular!

FFS... I log on this morning to get a 'Freshman Badge' as I commented on a news article. Hell I've not done that several dozen times prior to BoM. This place is really starting to have the air of "Fisher Price - My First Tech Forum"

Yup, I'm a mid 70's chimp. The hairy chest and fetching gold medallion should have been enough of a clue..

** Heads off to change his 8 track **

G

Having reached Regular (away from insulting Youngster and Apprentice labels) I'm now on a plateau with a "target" of more than twice the points I've gained so far in order to reach Veteran.

I suspect that to maintain motivation there is a need to add at least one new stage between Regular and Veteran (I leave it to those who came up with the present titles to come up with another demonstration of insensitivity -- how about "No Social Life" or "Must Get Out More" )

G

Well, yes. And I can assure you that I have only posted where I feel I could help people.

But someone decided to set up this system to motivate people and I've spotted at least one user posting nonsense all over the forum, presumable to harvest points.

Ill vouch for fihart, as hes one of the better "solution" makers here on Toms.
I also agree, there more the merrier, so all of us have something to gain, in this new format.
I dont completely agree with the format, but I do agree there should always be reward in a reward format, and by moving the goal farther away as the steps become greater is one thing, but moving them so far away you lose sight of accomplishment is somewhat coounterproductive IMHLO