Sign in with
Your question

Does DH61ww desktop board support I3 3220 processor?

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Support
  • Desktops
  • Processors
Last response: in Motherboards
November 3, 2012 12:04:01 PM

Hi,

Got a newly purchased DH61ww desktop board. So does it support the I3 3220 processor?? Please help me.

Thanks in advance!

More about : dh61ww desktop board support 3220 processor

Related resources
November 4, 2012 2:19:10 PM

alexoiu said:
Yes, it does: http://processormatch.intel.com/CompDB/SearchResult.asp...
But it's already answered.

Hi,

I already checked the compatability of the mentioned processor and desktop board. The thing is when you use the "check a combination" option in the same link vch u hav given, it says the the board "may be compatible" to the processor.. Thats what worries me.
m
l
November 4, 2012 2:22:04 PM

Hi,

I already checked the compatability of the mentioned processor and desktop board. The thing is when you use the "check a combination" option in the same link vch u hav given, it says the the board "may be compatible" to the processor.. Thats what worries me.
m
l
a c 137 V Motherboard
November 4, 2012 2:32:39 PM

It is compatible, BUT, just get a H77/B75 board because the H61 will need a BIOS update before you can use any Ivy Bridge CPU with it, and especially the 3220 because it's so new.

Even the H75 and B75 boards need a newer BIOS than the original for a 3220, but I would imagine that manufacturers are probably shipping most 7 series boards with the newest BIOS' (unless they're old stock).
m
l
!