bluetooth headset help ??

Last response: in Technologies
Share
September 27, 2004 1:18:43 PM

Hi

I got belkin bluetooth 100meters with Nokia 6600 and works fine. Now I want
to buy a headset with works with my PC Windows XP - SP2 for Yahoo Messanger
and with mobile phone Nokia 6600.

Which model works for both?

Thanks
Smith

More about : bluetooth headset

Anonymous
September 28, 2004 2:15:51 AM

ASFAIK Win XP SP2 does'nt support headsets.

> I got belkin bluetooth 100meters with Nokia 6600 and works fine. Now I
> want
> to buy a headset with works with my PC Windows XP - SP2 for Yahoo
> Messanger
> and with mobile phone Nokia 6600.
>
> Which model works for both?
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 2:15:52 AM

"Sheppy" <spam@awshepherd.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> ASFAIK Win XP SP2 does'nt support headsets.

While the 'native' drivers supplied with SP2 might not support headset
profiles (not sure if they do or not), the driver supplied with his
bluetooth dongle SHOULD (or at least MAY) support it.

--
God Bless America!

Bob the Printer

Our web pages are located at:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bdolson/
September 28, 2004 11:05:14 AM

It did until I "upgraded" to XP SP2, then M$ Bluetooth took over, and the
supplied drivers stopped working.

Yes - there have been reports that if you have a BT stack installed it's not
replaced, but this wasn't the case for me.

>> ASFAIK Win XP SP2 does'nt support headsets.
>
> While the 'native' drivers supplied with SP2 might not support headset
> profiles (not sure if they do or not), the driver supplied with his
> bluetooth dongle SHOULD (or at least MAY) support it.
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 11:01:41 AM

I spent ages trying to get the belkin drivers to work under xp sp2. In the
end I removed sp2 but as i use zonealarm as a fire wall i am not that
bothered.

Adam

!