Is this a PSU failure?

trivialdeath

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
I bought a new Motherboard (Asus M5A99X EVO AMD 990X (Socket AM3+)) and Ram (Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit) recently from Novatech

My specs with the new parts are;

AMD Athlon II X4 620 Quad Core Processor
Nvidia GTX 260 Palit Edition
800WATT EZcool

And ofc the parts i mentioned above

So after connecting everything together for some reason when i try to start up the computer the fans go on for about a second and then the computer shuts down but the LED lights remain on and the mb lights.

So i took the computer to a shop where the guy told me after testing a few things with the computer for a day he tested all my components in other computers and they all work, and tried all new components and things in my computer.

Then he came to the conclusion that it was my graphics card for some reason when he tried a smaller card (he never stated which) the computer would run and work fine, so i asked the guy if he tried the graphics card in another PCIE x16 slot he had it in slot 1

So when i got home i tried the card in slot _2 and my computer started all the way up to where im about to enter my password to login but before that screen shows my computer RESTARTS and then repeats the whole thing again.

When i contacted Novatech i told them it might be because the PCIE slots are broken of some sorts they came the day after to pick up the motherboard to test it, they tried the motherboard with a GTX 260 and an even bigger card GTX 580 with the same RAM i purchased, so now they are sending me back the motherboard and asked me what Processor i have because the new FX ones need the updated Bios to work properly and well i dont have the new one so that out of the equation and they are saying its fine and its coming on Monday, so my question is...

What the hell is wrong with my computer?

I think its the power supply somewhere along the line power is becoming an issue, but i would like an opinion of someone who knows more about this than me of course.

stevo_p

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012

I dont mean to sound like a doosh but have you connected all psu leads to mobo & gpu? some mobos take 2 psu cabless, some gpus need a seperate psu cable?

trivialdeath

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
I plugged the 24pin, and the 8pin on the motherboard from what i can see thats all there is and throughly checked for any others, since i dont have the motherboard right now it should be coming within the next 2 hours, so i could then answer anything about the board itself

This computer i am on now, i will be using it to test the CPU and the power supply
IMO i think its one of them 2