Appraise my computer

Element V

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
Hello,

I am curious to know how much I could sell my PC for. It was built a year ago and total cost was around $3000. Here are the specs:

SPECS:
Operating System
MS Windows 7 64-bit SP1

CPU
Intel Core i7 930 @ 2.80GHz Bloomfield 45nm Technology

RAM
12.0 GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 533MHz

Motherboard
ASUS Rampage III Extreme

Graphics
ASUS 1GB ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series

Hard Drive
1952GB (2TB) FUJITSU MARVELL Raid VD 0 SCSI Disk Device (SATA)

Optical Drives
LG bluray drive
LG standard drive

Audio
ATI High Definition Audio Device

Case
Thermaltake Element V

5800 series what? Which model? Considering I can build a i5-2500K system which is more than 10% faster than yours for $700-ish I'd say a sensible price for yours would be ca. $600. I know, it sucks. You probably paid a lot for the i7 + mobo but nowadays it's kind of obsolete :(

BTW I'm on a i7-920 3.56 GHz :lol:

suteck

Distinguished
Yeah, you will need to be way more specific on the parts, 12 gig of ram but what name, speed, model? And I'm not even sure what "FUJITSU MARVELL Raid VD 0 SCSI Disk Device (SATA) " is. Guessing it's a regular 2 TB sata drive but you got SCSI in there so it kinda throws me off. Not trying to be a smartasb, just looking for current pricing on components. I have built several systems since last year and with the new tech out you really won't get much for it. Probably around $650 to $750. Less if you got to ship it. Believe me, I have dropped prices when most of the components were new. Most people won't pay for what you got invested in it.