Finally New Dream Computer System

abcc

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2010
Hi, i posted about 1 year 2 months ago about building my new system. I really was going to built kind of like a dream
system. I have saved up all the funds i need. and now that Battlefield 3 is coming out in like 2 weeks. i wanted to ask for advice and see what would be the best parts to get. Thanks

1. Monitor, i really would like a 27" 120hz monitor. i been researching and i think this is the best one i can find. it says its 120hz and 3D , but wanted to know if you guys thing theres a better one just around the corner or a better
one out right now.

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/ET.HH4HP.001

2. Intel Cpu, i read about strong rumors about the i7 2700k coming out this Oct. 24, i dont see any for example i9's
coming out soon.

3. Hard Drive , really wanted something with alot of memory, i know the new state kinds are very fast , but wanted a Sata/600

4. Video Card, are Ati HD7000 coming out ? maybe at end of year, but just entry levels cards at first. Maybe a Ati HD6970

5. Bluray Drive, might just be the Plextor 12X Bluray burner

6. Motherboard, havent done any research on it . was thinking of having like 24GB of Ram.

7. Want to thank you guys for your Expertiece. You Guys are Very Knowledgable , and True Experts.
Thank You, Thank You.

:hello:

BohleyK

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
Where are you located and whats your budget? 27 inch monitor is a lot of real estate. You'd be better off downsizing to 24 for a better quality monitor and using the leftover on CPU/Mobo/GPU spending.

How could you possibly use all 24GB's of RAM?

abcc

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2010
Dang, its like you have a Intel i100 , 500gb for about $800 , i do want one, but i think ill enjoy a regular sata until they come down in price more. then ill just back up everything to my slave drive and install one of those ssd. I never seen them in action, and that one wasnt even their fastes kind.

Sky03

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
Yep. That video was with them opening 4 programs at the same time. I forgot which ones, i think big pic file on photoshop, powerpoint, ie9 and one more. Also they tested that windows boots in 7.9secs compared to 17.5 secs for a hdd.

Also, if you read the review, you can see that the max speed they got from the hdd was ~150-160mbs. Sata II (the older one) is capable of 300mbs. Sata III is 600mbs. Since a hard drive can't even max out sata II, i don't see a reason for spending extra money getting a sataIII harddrive.