Sign in with
Your question

60fps doesnt look as smooth on my 120hz monitor as it does on my TV.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 9, 2011 4:56:15 AM

Why is this? I'm running Crysis 2 with the DX 11 and HD texture pack and getting a constant 55-60fps yet it doesnt feel as smooth as say Call of Duty on XBOX on my TV set....why is this? Is it b/c the game doesnt have a mouse smoothing option so maybe when I'm moving it just looks more jerky? I mean people say you can't see much above 60fps but I can tell the difference of a game running 60fps vs 120fps on my 120hz monitor.
a c 216 U Graphics card
August 9, 2011 5:08:31 AM

MASKOAA said:
Why is this? I'm running Crysis 2 with the DX 11 and HD texture pack and getting a constant 55-60fps yet it doesnt feel as smooth as say Call of Duty on XBOX on my TV set....why is this? Is it b/c the game doesnt have a mouse smoothing option so maybe when I'm moving it just looks more jerky? I mean people say you can't see much above 60fps but I can tell the difference of a game running 60fps vs 120fps on my 120hz monitor.

An Xbox movement is like it's on rails. You don't have free motion like on a PC. One of the advantages of that, is it moves in a cleaner more uniform speed, however, you are much more limited in how fast you can aim. If you played your PC game with a controller, it would feel more like the Xbox. You also sit further away from the TV with an Xbox than you do when playing on a PC. This can also effect how smooth things look.

As far as not being able to tell the difference of games above 60hz, but you can on your 120hz monitor, that is because of the 120hz monitor. Most monitors can't display more than 60hz which means they can't display more than 60 FPS. Your monitor can.
m
l
!