Sign in with
Your question

Need a good DDR3 Dual Channel 2 x 8GB RAM Set. Suggestions?

Last response: in Memory
November 3, 2012 9:28:25 PM

Hey, people. I'm building my first higher-end rig and am on the step of picking a RAM set. What i'm looking specifically looking for is a set of 2 DDR3 8GB cards sporting duel channel capabilities. The motherboard I'm using is the GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD5 ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... ) and my price range is, give or take, 70$. Could you guys suggest some good chip sets? Also, I'd like to know what makes a good card good for future reference. Thanks.
November 3, 2012 9:37:40 PM

The RAM I am using right now will set you back about $85, if you do not mind paying a bit more for the RAM kit, I would go with the 1600Mhz set. They are capable of small overclocks due to their heatsinks and they give you the aggressive high-end gamer look for the guts of your rig. If your buying the whole of your components from new-egg I'm not sure on what the price will be, I haven't checked. I only looked up an average price for the kit. :) 
m
l
November 3, 2012 9:52:42 PM

XtremePCHardware said:
The RAM I am using right now will set you back about $85, if you do not mind paying a bit more for the RAM kit, I would go with the 1600Mhz set. They are capable of small overclocks due to their heatsinks and they give you the aggressive high-end gamer look for the guts of your rig. If your buying the whole of your components from new-egg I'm not sure on what the price will be, I haven't checked. I only looked up an average price for the kit. :) 

And what's the name of the set are you using right now? You seem to have forgotten to mention it.
m
l
Related resources
November 3, 2012 9:54:24 PM

Oh yes sorry :p , It is 8GB's of Corsair Vengeance RAM.
m
l
November 3, 2012 10:04:12 PM

Ehhh... To clarify, guys, I'm looking for a 16GB two-card set. You're posting 8GB sets. Sorry.
m
l
November 3, 2012 10:25:03 PM

in terms of AMD chipsets a 990FX is about is good as your going to get. Personally I would go with this motherboard instead http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

And I like both of bigcyco1's suggestions I would go with the corsair vengeance myself. Mainly because its a low profile ram stick which will make for a easy time with larger cpu coolers. The mushkin is also pretty low profile.
m
l
a c 347 } Memory
November 3, 2012 10:27:59 PM

(+1) I've recommended the Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 (9-9-9-24 @ 1.5v) Model 997069 often and knock on wood -- no blow back (bad reports).
m
l
!