Laptop graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheinsanegamerN

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2011
hello everyone!
i have an inspiron 1525 laptop with a Pentium d @1.86 ghz, and play games such as sins of a solar empire, and was wondering why my frame rates were so low. to my surprise, the CPU was running at 20%! the gpu, an Intel gpu, is bottle necking me at about 30 fps. my question is can the gpu be replaced? the laptop's predecessor, the inspiron 1520, had a removable graphics card. if it does, does anyone know where to get one? thanks.

Solution
You cannot replace the video chip/card in the vast majority of laptop. Perhaps only 2% of laptops have this capability and yours is definitely not one of them. Generally speaking, those few that may have is ability are gaming laptops which are at least $1,500+.

Anything with Intel integrated graphics cannot be upgrade. If you want better performance, then you need to buy a new laptop with a better video chip/card.

You cannot replace the video chip/card in the vast majority of laptop. Perhaps only 2% of laptops have this capability and yours is definitely not one of them. Generally speaking, those few that may have is ability are gaming laptops which are at least $1,500+.

Anything with Intel integrated graphics cannot be upgrade. If you want better performance, then you need to buy a new laptop with a better video chip/card.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.