RAM CAUSED COMPUTER TO CRASH!! HELP PLEASE?

i bought RAM off of newegg, the G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-16GBXL .It crashed my computer repeatedly after I put in in. I had 8gb of 1600 DDR3 ram in the mobo already, equalling 24 gb.Why did it crash? My mobo I also bought from newegg the ASRock 970DE3/U3S3 AM3+ AMD 770 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard. Is it bc of the difference in the RAMs? Or what?
Thanks so much. This is the first time in my life I have built a computer, so Im sort of a noob. :) Thanks!
5 answers Last reply
More about caused computer crash please
  1. Mixing two different RAM kits is not a good idea. Do you run the RAMs at default speed in BIOS?
  2. alexoiu said:
    Mixing two different RAM kits is not a good idea. Do you run the RAMs at default speed in BIOS?

I'm sorry I'm super new so what would I have to do? Would it work with 2 different types of RAM or no?
  3. If you haven't modified any setting in BIOS, then I suggest running only one kit (the 16GB one).
  4. alexoiu said:
    If you haven't modified any setting in BIOS, then I suggest running only one kit (the 16GB one).

I tried doing that but I got a blue error screen. Idk y is it bc the RAM itself is faulty? or my mobo won't support it? Or...
  5. Try clearing the CMOS then install only the 16GB kit. See if you still get the errors.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory DDR3 RAM Computer