Powercolor 6970 vs msi lightning 6970

I'm deciding on which one would be a good deal based on performance.
6 answers Last reply
More about powercolor 6970 lightning 6970
  1. Sadly, I'd go with neither. MSI is gonna die (and take something else with it), and powercolor has horrible customer service. Go with the XFX, or ASUS (Sapphire in a pinch).
  2. The MSI model is pre-OC'd so it's slightly faster than the reference 6970 cards.
    It all comes to price difference,if it's less than $10,then go with the MSI one otherwise,go with the powercolor card
  3. IH8U said:
    Sadly, I'd go with neither. MSI is gonna die (and take something else with it), and powercolor has horrible customer service. Go with the XFX, or ASUS (Sapphire in a pinch).

What do you know about MSI dying? What is it taking with it? I would be interested to know if there is any news out there on this. Thanks
  4. I've personallyhad 3 MSI motherboards that died (one ancient T-Bird, one dual Opty Server board, and an Athlon 64 board), they took out video cards and processors every time. Had 2 MSI video cards die, they took out a PCI-X slot, and 1 VGA slot respectively. Also pray to god you never have to call in a warranty with them, Powercolor is only slightly worse. MSI is terrible with driver updates, and frequently has buggy BIOS'es (their coders suck). They are the Deer/Solytech (horrid PSU manufacturer) of the motherboard industry.
  5. IH8U said:
    I've personallyhad 3 MSI motherboards that died (one ancient T-Bird, one dual Opty Server board, and an Athlon 64 board), they took out video cards and processors every time. Had 2 MSI video cards die, they took out a PCI-X slot, and 1 VGA slot respectively. Also pray to god you never have to call in a warranty with them, Powercolor is only slightly worse. MSI is terrible with driver updates, and frequently has buggy BIOS'es (their coders suck). They are the Deer/Solytech (horrid PSU manufacturer) of the motherboard industry.

aren't their BIOSes made by AMI?
  6. Yes, however it is up to MSI to tell them that it is buggy. And to send a fix (BIOS flash), they don't. They have had other BIOS'es in the past (diff companies).
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Performance PowerColor Graphics Product MSI-Microstar