In need for up-to-date GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterYu

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
Hi all,
My graphics card (4830) has been overheating recently- yesterday it went to 112'c...
I believe it's caused by my new second second monitor.(28" + a 24").
Now my computer is starting to do random shut downs.
I believe it's time to upgrade to a better card.
Right now I'm looking at a 6870 for ~$155
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Pro...6814102948
Furthermore someone suggested I buy this (gtx560 ti) ~ $175 but it just ran out of stock...
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&sku=755565&is=REG&A=details&Q=

I'm looking to buy really soon (sometime within the next few days) so if anyone has a really good deal in their head for around the price of 150-200 I would REALLY appreciate it.

My price range is $150-$200. I'm a pretty impulsive buyer so I'm fearful I'm buying this on at a retail price..I really need a new card but I don't know / can't really find any good deals
Thanks for your time!

P.S: Games I play = HoN, SC2, Dota 2 eventually.
Constantly dual monitor w/ 24" and 28"
Quad-core 2.833ghz
4gb of ram DDR2
PSU = 610w

Solution
No, I would not in general recommend newegg customer ratings as a way to pick out any component unless there is a very clear consensus on the quality.
The XFX card we both linked is the best deal at the moment IMO. You can Ebay the free games if you aren't interested in them to make it an even better deal.

IH8U

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
What are the specs/brand of your PSU? Most ElCheapo PSU's list 600+, when they only output ~400W. If it's an elcheapo spend a bit on a better PSU and pick up an ATI 6770 (good cheap upgrade for you). As for PSU's look for: Antec, XFX, Corsair, PC P&C, Enermax, Lepa (off brand enermax), or Silverstone. A good 550W or better will suit you fine.

No, I would not in general recommend newegg customer ratings as a way to pick out any component unless there is a very clear consensus on the quality.
The XFX card we both linked is the best deal at the moment IMO. You can Ebay the free games if you aren't interested in them to make it an even better deal.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.