To Play flight simulator on a PC, that will be purchased only for flight simula

I currently have a mac but would like to start using Microsoft flight simulator, which if I understand correctly, only runs on a PC. So I am interested in buying an extra machine just to play flight simulator on. Does anyone have a simple solution?
4 answers Last reply
More about play flight simulator purchased flight simula
  1. Ubrales, the minimum system requirement for FSX is bullshit (Sorry, I don't mean you, I mean MS for putting that on and con people with slower hardware to buy it). If you have a machine like what they recommend for mnimum system requirement, you get like 1fps.

The physics eats up your cpu in the game. You need fast multicore processor and a mid range gpu for it to not stutter if you have the physics realism setting on max on high graphics. No point playing it with arcade physics with simple scenery.
  2. Pyree said:
    Ubrales, the minimum system requirement for FSX is bullshit (Sorry, I don't mean you, I mean MS for putting that on and con people with slower hardware to buy it). If you have a machine like what they recommend for mnimum system requirement, you get like 1fps.

The physics eats up your cpu in the game. You need fast multicore processor and a mid range gpu for it to not stutter if you have the physics realism setting on max on high graphics. No point playing it with arcade physics with simple scenery.

I have i7-920 overclocked to 3.82 GHz, 12 GBs of 1600 RAM and a GTX-275, GTS-250 Graphics cards. The GTS-250 is set for PhysX. That's why I said what Microsoft states on the package. From what you mention, it looks like Microsoft is using shady claims in their advertising.
  3. I will have to say nothing less than a dual core processor @ 2GHz and a HD 3850 for minimum.
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt Microsoft Macintosh Systems