Cheap but Good Graphics Card from MSY?

cheezstik

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
http://www.msy.com.au/Parts/PARTS.pdf

I get my parts from above because of the incredible prices. My whole computer (except secondary graphics card) is built from there parts. Now, i have realised how bad my graphics card is and i need a new one for a good price. I'm looking to play call of duty modern warfare 2 at a solid 30+fps at 1280x1024 and 20+fps at 1920x1080 and right now call of duty modern wafare 1 is barely playable on low settings at 1280x1024.

My specs are:

asus m4a89gtd pro / usb3
ati radeon 4290 integrated graphics (included with MoBo)
ecs ng220c/nvidia gt220 (i plug the secondary screen into this/// a friend gave this to me for free)
amd phenom x6 II 1055t (included with mobo)
4 gigabytes of ram (don't know the brand but i dont think that's too important)
32-bit windows 7 ultimate (upgrading to 64-bit soon)
2 vga 17 inch 1280x1024 screens multi monitor setup (I'll probably switch one out for a hd and or 3d monitor)

Any ideas anyone? I was thinking of getting 1 or 2 of the radeon hd 5450 because of the fantastic price($30 each) but i just saw a review and apparantly it's barely faster than my current one and even while 2 of them are in crossfire, they are still slower than hd 5670 which is already pretty bad. Is this true? If yes then i would raise the budget a little and get the 6670 or 6770 depending on how good the 6670 is. Which graphics card out of the ones on that msy parts list under $215 should i get? I'm looking for performance and suitability to my processor and MoBo for a decent price. I didn't know what to get out of the Nvidia ones because they didn't really look that cheap and i didn't know how they performed and also my MoBo is made for radeons and does not support sli so i can't put another one in later. You could also suggest other ones but i am in adelaide,australia so make sure i have access to them. Also, all these prices are in AUD not USD so prices may be a little different.

Thanks in advance :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMUuu0ABZp4 cod should be playable on the gt220, use that card as your primary gaming monitor, disable your crappy onboard graphics. im from adelaide also. a 5770/6770 should do the job, look in msy's clearance section you can get a 5770 for around $89. Call them and make sure they still have stock though as clearance items sell out quick. i suggest that if you have a good enough PSU to look at something a bit faster for 1080p resolution, like a 6850. they are under $200. List the make and model of your PSU if you want a proper recommendation. You already have a high power requirement cpu so you need a decent PSU.

What is the make/model of your PSU?

For $215 I would suggest getting the Asus 6870.Does that website offer pictures of their products?

The 6870 is about 4 times as powerful as a GT220 SLI.

Playing MW2 at 1280x1024 you should easily get over 100fps with everything maxed out.As for 1920x1080 resolution you should get above 60fps with everything maxed.

cheezstik

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011

I f this makes a difference or not but the gt220 in that video is most likely one from nvidia. My one is a factory modified one from ecs. I don't know if they make it slower or faster. When my onboard grpahics was disabled and i was using the gt220 as my main on one screen only, it didn't seem to be faster. But then again, I only played some mmorpgs and tested the framerate on that lol. And as for the PSU, I'm running 2 graphics cards right now with no problem, I think it will be able to handle another one if I disable my onboard and pop the new one in.

cheezstik

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011

Sorry for the very late reply but i just found out that my psu is 1800watts.