Sign in with
Your question

GTX 460 Flash to 560 Ti with results!!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 9, 2011 12:16:39 PM

Hi everyone,

There was something everyone was discussing about a few months ago (maybe still doing it). If GTX 460 (GF104) could be flash to GTX 560 Ti(GF114), basically both gpus are the same, transistor count, size, etc. but some said that GTX 460 can be unlocked (extra 48 shader cores) but some said they can't.

Wana know who was right?

Here you go:

Spoiler
So first I had bad luck finding DOS, but I got a cusom version from somewhere that I forgot, anywho, I got the BIOS from TechPowerUP! VGA BIOS Collection, 3 of GTX 560 Ti's BIOSes (Zotac, EVGA, Nvidia reference), next I put them in a DVD (yes DVD) because I was out of all 200 CDs that had been burned (cr*p loads of pictures :| @ 14 MP) I burned them with NVFlash,

BUT there was a problem, I booted up DOS, and found out the version of nvflash was for windows (32bit) instead of for DOS (16bit), so I went back burned another folder into the disc (good thing I didn't finalize Disc), Next I went back into DOS after reboot and flashed the card after a mere 10 seconds the card was flashed, then I rebooted.

Before:

After:

If you can't see the after image, it says 336 shaders, 32 ROPs, so indeed the last cluster in GTX 460 is not unlockable and is laser cut/not there, but there's more, there was MASSIVE artifacting going on, so I just took a picture with my camera,instead of looking for the camera button on gpu-z and actually uploading the image.

and yes I tried with all three bioses, all 3 of them were artifacting from boot.

So, I suggest not trying this, I had a hard time blind flashing because the screen was basically beige when i went back in DOS.
Don't try this, I'm just a crazy 16 year old who will do anything for more performance.

I hope this helped.
Taha
a b U Graphics card
August 9, 2011 12:20:23 PM

"I'm just a crazy 16 year old who will do anything for more performance."

Everything except getting a part time job, working for 2 weeks and having enough money to buy himself a damn GTX 570.
m
l
August 9, 2011 12:23:40 PM

phishy714 said:
"I'm just a crazy 16 year old who will do anything for more performance."

Everything except getting a part time job, working for 2 weeks and having enough money to buy himself a damn GTX 570.

I guess I didn't help you :D 
m
l
!