PC Suite 6.3 with 7610 doesn't retain connection.

I have a 7610 connected to PC Suite 6.3 using Widcom Bluetooth. The
connection has to be retrained every time I boot the PC. I have to run
Connection Manager, find the phone, send the passcode, and then it connects.
As long as the PC remains turned on, I can connect or disconnect. Next
morning I have to retrain the connection.

Any one have any ideas?
Thanks
8 answers Last reply
More about suite 7610 doesn retain connection

    "Bob Tennent" <robert_tennent@sgs.com> wrote in message
    >I have a 7610 connected to PC Suite 6.3 using Widcom Bluetooth. The
    > connection has to be retrained every time I boot the PC. I have to run
    > Connection Manager, find the phone, send the passcode, and then it
    > connects.
    > As long as the PC remains turned on, I can connect or disconnect. Next
    > morning I have to retrain the connection.
    >
    > Any one have any ideas?
    > Thanks

    I have been hoping that someone would post the answer to this one.

    I am using PC suite 6.3 with my Nokia 6230. I can use the bluetooth
    functions, but only using the procedures that you describe. I find this
    most irritating - Bluetooth connections should not work in this way - once a
    device is paired it should remain paired.

    "Malcolm Clark" <m.clark80*I*HATE*@*SPAMMERS*ntlworld.com> wrote in message

    > "Bob Tennent" <robert_tennent@sgs.com> wrote in message
    > >I have a 7610 connected to PC Suite 6.3 using Widcom Bluetooth. The
    > > connection has to be retrained every time I boot the PC. I have to run
    > > Connection Manager, find the phone, send the passcode, and then it
    > > connects.
    > > As long as the PC remains turned on, I can connect or disconnect. Next
    > > morning I have to retrain the connection.
    > >
    > > Any one have any ideas?
    > > Thanks
    > >

    > I have been hoping that someone would post the answer to this one.
    >
    > I am using PC suite 6.3 with my Nokia 6230. I can use the bluetooth
    > functions, but only using the procedures that you describe. I find this
    > most irritating - Bluetooth connections should not work in this way - once
    > device is paired it should remain paired.

    I agree. I am still hoping for response, but it is indeed frustrating. With
    my 3650 once I made the connection, it stayed.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    > I agree. I am still hoping for response, but it is indeed frustrating.
    > With
    > my 3650 once I made the connection, it stayed.

    I've just seen that PC Suite 6.4 is available - I'll give that a go and see
    if it fixes the problem
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    >> I agree. I am still hoping for response, but it is indeed frustrating.
    >> With
    >> my 3650 once I made the connection, it stayed.
    >

    > I've just seen that PC Suite 6.4 is available - I'll give that a go and
    > see if it fixes the problem

    Yes, I have just installed 6.4, and it appears to work correctly
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Great news! I will do the same. Thanks for the advice

    > "Malcolm Clark" <m.clark80*I*HATE*@*SPAMMERS*ntlworld.com> wrote in
    message
    > >> I agree. I am still hoping for response, but it is indeed frustrating.
    > >> With
    > >> my 3650 once I made the connection, it stayed.
    > >

    > > I've just seen that PC Suite 6.4 is available - I'll give that a go and
    > > see if it fixes the problem
    > >
    > Yes, I have just installed 6.4, and it appears to work correctly

  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    "Malcolm Clark" <m.clark80*I*HATE*@*SPAMMERS*ntlworld.com> wrote in message

    > "Malcolm Clark" <m.clark80*I*HATE*@*SPAMMERS*ntlworld.com> wrote in
    message
    > >> I agree. I am still hoping for response, but it is indeed frustrating.
    > >> With
    > >> my 3650 once I made the connection, it stayed.
    > >

    > > I've just seen that PC Suite 6.4 is available - I'll give that a go and
    > > see if it fixes the problem
    > >
    > Yes, I have just installed 6.4, and it appears to work correctly

    Glad it worked for you. It didn't for me - just the same, I have to enter
    the passcode each time I reboot.
    Cheers
  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    > Glad it worked for you. It didn't for me - just the same, I have to enter
    > the passcode each time I reboot.
    > Cheers

    My last post may have been a bit too enthusiastic - it worked for me the
    first day after a reboot to check things still worked, but the next day I
    had to go through the pairing procedure again.

    I only changed from my 6310i to a 6230 in the hope that the bluetooth
    implemetation in the later phone would be more stable but it doesn't seem to
    be - not sure if it's the phone or the software.

    On a similar topic, I have been trying to copy mp3s from my PC to the phone
    over the bluetooth link - works ok with small files (1mb & 3mb) although
    very slow, however when I tried to copy a 10mb file, to the media card, it
    got about 25% of the way through and then just hung - hadn't moved 30
    minutes later, tried to abandon the copy, and then everything froze (on the
    phone and the pc) - I am wondering if bluetooth is really resiliant enough
    for real world use - I keep on trying it for several things over the last
    couple of years - it always seems like a good idea - but nearly every time,
    I find I am spending over the odds for something that gives under par
    performance.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    > > Glad it worked for you. It didn't for me - just the same, I have to
    enter
    > > the passcode each time I reboot.
    > > Cheers
    > >

    > My last post may have been a bit too enthusiastic - it worked for me the
    > first day after a reboot to check things still worked, but the next day I
    > had to go through the pairing procedure again.
    >
    > I only changed from my 6310i to a 6230 in the hope that the bluetooth
    > implemetation in the later phone would be more stable but it doesn't seem
    > be - not sure if it's the phone or the software.
    >
    > On a similar topic, I have been trying to copy mp3s from my PC to the
    phone
    > over the bluetooth link - works ok with small files (1mb & 3mb) although
    > very slow, however when I tried to copy a 10mb file, to the media card, it
    > got about 25% of the way through and then just hung - hadn't moved 30
    > minutes later, tried to abandon the copy, and then everything froze (on
    the
    > phone and the pc) - I am wondering if bluetooth is really resiliant enough
    > for real world use - I keep on trying it for several things over the last
    > couple of years - it always seems like a good idea - but nearly every
    time,
    > I find I am spending over the odds for something that gives under par
    > performance.

    I read in another post that when copying to the media card you can only copy
    a file as big as the available memory in the phone. So if you have 4Mb
    available, that is the largest file you can copy. Don't know if it is true,
    but could be why you can't copy the file.

    I agree about Bluetooth sounding good, but not always working out. I
    recently bought a Bluetooth enabled GPS. It can transmit to my 7610 with no
    problems, but my PC can't even see it. Frustrating.

Bluetooth Connection