Hi, My question is as follow. I use Matlab 6.5 Rel 13 under Win XP, and I have quite good PC (1.5GB RAM), but under the Task Maanager I can see that Matlab uses only 50% of the hole RAM. Is it possible to change the amount of RAM used by Matlab (or any other software) and if so than how to do it?

I would like to run Matlab with more RAM=quicker.......

| "Marcin K" <Marcin K@discussions.microsoft.com>
| wrote news:E9DC9691-274D-455B-9C32-FC44E2231706@microsoft.com
| Hi, My question is as follow. I use Matlab 6.5 Rel 13 under
| Win XP, and I have quite good PC (1.5GB RAM), but under the
| Task Maanager I can see that Matlab uses only 50% of the hole
| RAM. Is it possible to change the amount of RAM used by Matlab
| (or any other software) and if so than how to do it?
|
| I would like to run Matlab with more RAM=quicker.......

You could try raising the priority of Matlab to see if that makes
the process run faster (without adversely affect the performance
of other processes).

For more information see the following Microsoft documentation:

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Product Documentation
Microsoft Windows XP - Task Manager overview
SECTION: Change the priority of a running program
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/taskman_whats_there_w.mspx

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Product Documentation
Windows XP - Start
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/start.mspx

However, IIWY I would Google using criteria such as below, and
read through the information gathered that is specific to Matlab:

Google Search Matlab Optimizing Performance
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_qdr=all&q=Matlab+Optimizing+Performance