System resources

Hi, My question is as follow. I use Matlab 6.5 Rel 13 under Win XP, and I have quite good PC (1.5GB RAM), but under the Task Maanager I can see that Matlab uses only 50% of the hole RAM. Is it possible to change the amount of RAM used by Matlab (or any other software) and if so than how to do it?

I would like to run Matlab with more RAM=quicker.......
1 answer Last reply
More about system resources

    | "Marcin K" <Marcin K@discussions.microsoft.com>
    | wrote news:E9DC9691-274D-455B-9C32-FC44E2231706@microsoft.com
    | Hi, My question is as follow. I use Matlab 6.5 Rel 13 under
    | Win XP, and I have quite good PC (1.5GB RAM), but under the
    | Task Maanager I can see that Matlab uses only 50% of the hole
    | RAM. Is it possible to change the amount of RAM used by Matlab
    | (or any other software) and if so than how to do it?
    |
    | I would like to run Matlab with more RAM=quicker.......

    You could try raising the priority of Matlab to see if that makes
    the process run faster (without adversely affect the performance
    of other processes).

    For more information see the following Microsoft documentation:

    Microsoft Windows XP Professional Product Documentation
    Microsoft Windows XP - Task Manager overview
    SECTION: Change the priority of a running program
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/taskman_whats_there_w.mspx

    Microsoft Windows XP Professional Product Documentation
    Windows XP - Start
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/start.mspx

    However, IIWY I would Google using criteria such as below, and
    read through the information gathered that is specific to Matlab:

    Google Search Matlab Optimizing Performance
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_qdr=all&q=Matlab+Optimizing+Performance

Configuration RAM Microsoft Customization Windows XP