$550-ish Gaming Rig

AeroBlitz

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
Approximate Purchase Date: November-December (trying to get an early look into what I can get)

Budget Range: $550 either before or after rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, surfing the web, watching movies

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, Speakers, HDD, OS (I have an OEM copy of Windows 7, I will be usign the same HDD I originally installed it on, this won't be a problem will it?)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com, tigerdirect.com

Country of Origin: U.S.A.

Parts Preferences: Intel, Nvidia, and EVGA

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: 1360x768

Additional Comments: I've already picked out some parts, but it's still $75 or so above my budget. I'd like to keep the CPU and GPU I chose. The rest I'm looking for good quality, and a bit cheaper in terms of cost. I also will need a optical drive (can be super cheap, just need it to install the OS and import the occasional music disk into iTunes).

CPU: Intel Core i5-2300 2.8GHz

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi)

PSU: Cooler Master 500W

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1333

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912

Motherboard: EVGA P67 SLI 130-SB-E675-KR

Thanks in advance :)

suteck

Distinguished
I would change to this ASUS P8Z68-V LE LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS motherboard it's less expensive,( $130 HERE) and has a greater memory support list. You can get these G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL. For some of what you save on the motherboard you will want this extra memory. It's only $21 MORE HERE but you will enjoy the difference of faster speed and double the amount. With both these changes you will save $28 and put you a little closer to your goal.
And if you GO HERE you will find these:
COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power Plus RS500-PCARD3-US 500W ATX12V v2.3 Power Supply
COOLER MASTER HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Black SECC/ ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case for only 89.98. Will save you another $16. Same case and psu only in a bundle. So now your only $30 over budget but with a slightly better system.