Sign in with
Your question

My new setup isn't working properly, can someone help?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 9, 2011 1:52:59 PM

My Setup:

32 in" LCD Samsung TV (which on the box says is 720P, yet my xbox 360 and bluray player play switch to 1080p when I turn them on)

and I recently bought an HP h8-1040 which has these specs:
Intel Core i7-2600 @ 3.4ghz H67 chipset
10gb DDR3
1.5 TB 5400rpm
Bluray Player
Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti (1gb)
TV turner and wireless capability

My problems:

The biggest problem would be with the resolution of the setup, the display seems to be to big for my television. I have to manually make the screen adjust through my tv since the windows settings won't allow me to make it fit my screen.

I also have problems playing Starcraft 2 and Crysis 2 properly, when I have Starcraft 2 in fullscreen mode the mouse is stuck but yet I can control the menu cause when I move my mouse around I can see the options light up, Crysis 2 gives me the exact same problem. When I run the games in a windowed mode they seem to work perfectly. Now my pc is more then enough according to the recommended specs of each game so I don't understand this problem. I have also had difficulty with less demanding games such as Sims 3, Splitsecond and Operation Flashpoint.

And the last of my current problems is that my tv tuner seems to be very laggy at times.

If anyone could help me with the resolution problem that would be greatly appreciated.

More about : setup working properly

a c 86 Î Nvidia
August 9, 2011 5:32:43 PM

What is the model number of the Samsung LCD TV? Which input port on the TV do you have the graphics card plugged into?
m
l
August 9, 2011 6:02:46 PM

I do not know the model off the top of my head, but I have it plugged into the hdmi port, and on my pc I have the hdmi plugged into an hdmi to mini hdmi converter.

I am starting to believe that my tv is the problem, maybe I should retry the setup with an DVI cable instead and see what happens. Because I know that my bluray and my 360 don't actually do 1080p they just upconvert.
m
l
!