XFX HD 6850 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

wandy

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
i have a XFX HD 6850, running normal but if i shutdown, my lcd screen not in standby mode. its said NO SIGNAL CABLE.. so i always turn off my LCD.. Sorry for my bad English, thanks before..

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit (Always Updated)
Corsair Dominator 2x2GB DDR3 1600
Corsair 600W Power Supply
core i3 2100
MSI P67A-C45

Solution

The SyncMaster 943SNX monitor definitely has a built-in power management system called PowerSaver. It should switch your monitor to low-power mode when it has not been used for a certain amount of time.

Was the DVI to VGA/D-sub adapter, that you are using, included with the graphics card or did you obtain it separately? If it wasn't included with the graphics card then that may be the cause of your problem. DVI to VGA/D-sub adapters are not all created equal.

wandy

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011

Samsung SyncMaster 943SNX 18.5", DVI to VGA Conventer...

Gumption

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
Quite likely your monitor does not support power saving. I wouldn't worry about it - mine does not switch to standby either when I shutdown and it's a fairly new model, just cheap.

The SyncMaster 943SNX monitor definitely has a built-in power management system called PowerSaver. It should switch your monitor to low-power mode when it has not been used for a certain amount of time.

Was the DVI to VGA/D-sub adapter, that you are using, included with the graphics card or did you obtain it separately? If it wasn't included with the graphics card then that may be the cause of your problem. DVI to VGA/D-sub adapters are not all created equal.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.