Sign in with
Your question

Motherboard with no ext ports or just usb and hdmi

Last response: in Motherboards
November 4, 2012 7:15:54 AM

hi guys
im new on here and new to building pc's
i was woundering are there any motherboards that have no ports on them (iv tried to find myself and crnt seem to)
id like a clean motherboard with no ports or if it has to be just a few usb 2.0, 3.0 and a hdmi port nothing else?

can any one help please ???
November 5, 2012 5:05:47 AM

You might be able to find some that have less than most, but I think you will be hard pressed to find one that only has 2-4 total ports on the back I/O panel. looked over new egg for a bit and this is the least I could find.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
November 5, 2012 7:37:29 AM

thank you sir for the reply quite helpfull

is there a board minus the vga, dvi and the ps2 port ??
everything else is fine it sounds like a perfect board for me

Related resources
a c 137 V Motherboard
November 5, 2012 8:10:20 AM

Almost all newer Intel boards (LGA 1155) will have the VGA/DVI/HDMI ports. The only exceptions are the P67 boards.

As far as not having a PS/2 port, I'm pretty sure that it's only the absolute highest end boards that don't have one.

On the AMD side, any AM3/AM3+ board that doesn't have on board graphics won't have the VGA/DVI/HDMI ports, of course, but I don't recall ever seeing an AMD board without a PS/2 port.

I'm trying to understand the purpose of this, though.

Why do you need a board with so few ports. There's no advantages to it. It's not like it would be any cheaper and looks shouldn't matter because no one ever sees the back of the system anyway. I just don't see the point.

I get that there may not be a need for the extra ports, but it's not exactly like they're hurting anything by just existing.

I say just don't even worry about it.
November 5, 2012 4:43:30 PM

^^^^ just get what you need and fits your application, and who knows you might actually end up needing some of them.
!