Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Antec Kuhler H20 920

Last response: in Components
January 9, 2012 5:25:18 PM

RE: Antec 920 Software Install Problem, Windows does not Recognize
Installed Chill Control Software prior to install of Antec 920 cooler and the connection to internal USB and CPU fan header. Shows ERROR cannot connect to USB Chill Control device. Windows tries to load the driver but fails. I've spent hours trying to get it to work. Also, unit will only function with USB plugged with black wire on left (not on right per instruction). It does not work at all when installed with black wire to right. Unit appears to be working at idle with low fan speed (blueish/white light glows from unit). Idle temp about 30C at idle. Have since removed software, unplugged the USB connection, disabled driver signing, reinstalled and rebooted several times to no avail. Again, the unit appears to be working and keeping temps in reasonable levels but i'd like to get some use out of the software paid for and which controls fans speed, etc.
Many thanks,

MB: Gigabyte Ltd.GA-990FXA-UD3, Bios 1.0
CPU:AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor
Total physical memory 8173 MB

More about : antec kuhler h20 920

January 9, 2012 5:57:06 PM

Hi :) 

Contact Antec ?

All the best Brett :) 
Score
January 14, 2012 3:47:47 AM

Hello,

I have roughly the same setup as you, I also got a "failed CPU fan" error after installing the Antec 920, however after installing the chill control program I no longer had any fan boot errors.

I would go to the antec website and see if you can download the latest version of chill control and install from there. Maybe the actual disc has corrupted files preventing your from installing the program?
Score
Related resources
February 11, 2012 2:06:01 PM

I was having the same problem. I fixed mine by going to the device manager and found the device that had the yellow exclamation mark and I just clicked update drivers and had it search online automatically and it found the drivers and fixed itself.

-Nic-

bcrosstx said:
RE: Antec 920 Software Install Problem, Windows does not Recognize
Installed Chill Control Software prior to install of Antec 920 cooler and the connection to internal USB and CPU fan header. Shows ERROR cannot connect to USB Chill Control device. Windows tries to load the driver but fails. I've spent hours trying to get it to work. Also, unit will only function with USB plugged with black wire on left (not on right per instruction). It does not work at all when installed with black wire to right. Unit appears to be working at idle with low fan speed (blueish/white light glows from unit). Idle temp about 30C at idle. Have since removed software, unplugged the USB connection, disabled driver signing, reinstalled and rebooted several times to no avail. Again, the unit appears to be working and keeping temps in reasonable levels but i'd like to get some use out of the software paid for and which controls fans speed, etc.
Many thanks,

MB: Gigabyte Ltd.GA-990FXA-UD3, Bios 1.0
CPU:AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor
Total physical memory 8173 MB

Score
February 17, 2012 11:20:05 PM

UPDATE
Pros: Software on 1st cooler (not purchased from Newegg) would not work and properly install on USB. Cooler worked with exception of software. Returned and order 2nd one from Newegg. Works perfectly!

Cons: Install can be a bit frustrating if you get frustrated easily!.

Other Thoughts: Spent many hours trying to get software on 1st one to work. Suggest you do not. Either it works or it doesn't. It is not loud, unless you need it for maximum cooling for gaming.
Score
November 9, 2012 12:47:43 PM

Same thing happened to me. I solved it like this. .... Uninstall all antecs software. Like the CC control pannel and the drivers. Boot withouth connecting the Kholer on the USB hub, ( this is very important) Boot without kholer connected then install the software and drivers from your CD that came in the box. When it asks you to restart, dont, instead shut down. Then connect the Kholer to the USB port in your motherboard. After that boot and you will get an error message one last time but right after windows will notify you that your ANTEC CC device is ready to use with a green checkmark. Then restart your Antec V Chill Application and you should be fine. Keep in mind that if you change your USB configuration later on this might occur again for some random reason i cant explain but restar two times to make sure your settings have been saved and then you are ready to run your CPU to the maximum . THis solution worked for me .. Good luck friend.
Score
November 9, 2012 12:49:17 PM

Also switching USB ports while off can help. Keep your mind opened because this is a trial and error thing until it works.
Score
!