HELP Seasonic x760w hook up

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayge

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
Hello toms hardware community, im building my very first gaming rig in my room as we speak, and i conjured up a question putting installing my PSU:
( http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=33_443&item_id=039393 )
there are 3 SATA cables that are included with the PCU, 2 of them have 3 sata connectors and the other has 2 connectors, from what i know, ill only be using these to power my CD/ROM, my SSD, and my hard drive.. so my question is:

would i be putting to much load on one socket on my PSU if connect the 3 parts through one SATA cord? or would it be better to use one for my hard drive and seperate one to my SSD and CD ROM
:??:

seasw.jpg

seasonicx760004.jpg

Solution
The draw on a single cable is more than adequate to power three SATA devices. You should consider (1) cable management and (2) personal preference. I like to use as few SATA cables as possible, but it is not a real issue as I have a case that has superb cable management and the SATA connectors route outside the motherboard space.

chesteracorgi

Distinguished
The draw on a single cable is more than adequate to power three SATA devices. You should consider (1) cable management and (2) personal preference. I like to use as few SATA cables as possible, but it is not a real issue as I have a case that has superb cable management and the SATA connectors route outside the motherboard space.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.