Intel 3930k shortage?

Keith, right now there are no Intel® Core™ i7-3930K at any of our distributors for North America. I have sent up a request to see if what the issue is with these processors at this time but until they get back to me with that information; that is the best that I have.

Christain Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

keith808

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
oh ok.. thanks. so much.. that has been plaguing me for such a long time. especially i have all my parts for my build except that. i know to order everything at once i was dong that but it was already out of stock by the time i tried too..

Industrialbass

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
@ weeks ago i bought a system with that processor from ibuypower.com just to find out today that they dont know if or when they will be getting it in. Their only answer is to saw its intel
Intel is such an honest company nobody is willing to waste a thousand bucks for their extreme processor so here they are faking a shortage of the reasonably priced one to steal your money. what honest business values

Hopefully they will have samples available with in the next two or three months. These are very large and expensive cpus to manufacture so making meaningful quantities takes longer than usual. These 2011 cpus are physically monolithic 8 core but the retail desktop versions are all 4 and 6 core only leaving only the Xeon line being fully enabled however they have much lower clocks and high wattage.

ford1

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2011
I did some snooping around on Friday...I am in the same boat, all my parts except the 3930k...Until I saw the new Coolermaster Cosmos II, now I am waiting on that, already ordered from Tiger Direct.

Anyway, I found out the name of one of the Distributors Intel uses and called them direct. I spoke to a gentleman in the sales department and he pluged it into to his computer while I was on the line listening. He told me that Newegg and Amazon were one of their accounts and that they should have a shipment approximately the 20th of this month. I reconfirmed this with him and he again said the 20th.

So, I hope that helps. I put my build off for over a month switching to the 3930k...I hope Newegg takes it off combo, I already have the rest of my parts. I will have to buy from Amazon or someone else otherwise.

debase

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
You can add me to the list also, have everything but the CPU. starting to get anxious, really need to take a shotgun to my current computer. Tiger Direct is saying the part is that the supplier hasn't recieved the shipment yet, hopefully stock does come in on the 20th

debase

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012

Thanks for the update glad to know its not just a few people having a problem finding the CPU. any timeframe on when new stock is due to ship out?

Ok I just got word that there could be a "trickle" hitting the Online Retailers between WW05 and WW06. Now I know this isnt the best of answers but it is the most promising of answers I have gotten on these processors for over a month. So this is going to be the companies like Newegg, Tigerdirect and Amazon. I can't pin it down any closer than that so it is going to take some work on your part to get one of these "trickle" when they come in.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

debase

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012

Great I have a backorder with Tiger Direct. What does "WW05 and WW06" mean btw?

debase

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012

lol, ok that makes sense. Thanks for the info

ford1

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2011

I was hoping the Distributor was not being overly enthusiastic in his response...I don't want to wait another 3-4 weeks to pick one up. I am sure you know more about it than he would, but I couldn't speak to anyone at Intel and they reffered me to their (Intel) web site and I found the distributor and called them. I guess I will have to see how this all plays out...Thanks for the update...

i would think the flooding in Taiwan has something to do with over all shortages. i haven't seen much in the way of low yeild news on the new i7's so i guess there good enough. i guess we will see the fanboys making wild claims though...

like this:

there are rumors that intel itself is holding them back in favor of getting the bigger brothers out first, as the performance gains are slightly better but dont warrant the higher prices. basically filling demand at a price when they know the lesser parts will work just as well and sell for a lot less.
but like i say its a forum rumor so i give little credence to it.

yeah rite. intel are known for holding on to stock to drive up prices on an already expensive part... :rolleyes:

ford1

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2011

I read that also, needless to say I agree with you...highly unlikely. Although I will point out there hasn't been a sufficent supply of the 2700k either. That chip went out of stock a few weeks prior to the 3930k...That is what pushed me to go ahead and take the leap to Sandy-E...But, I got my board and can't get a chip now either. I have been pushed back by at least a month. The positive is I changed cases and am much more satisfied. So I guess we will see

ford1

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2011

I could do that also, I have a brand new in box Maximus III Extreme Z sitting in my closet as well as the Rampage IV board :whistle:

I had waited so long I just upgraded myself to the Sandy E...I don't think I would go back at this point, but I have almost enough parts setting around to build the second system for the kids anyway. If I do build it soon, I will go that route and then I could compare them side by side. :eek: