Cyborg RAT 7 mouse always in "Safely Remove Hardware"

Outrigger047

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
When plugged in, the Cyborg RAT 7 mouse is always displayed in the "Safely Remove Hardware" menu in the system tray. I know that system tray icons can be hidden, but is there a way to make it so this device does not appear in this menu? My mouse stays plugged in and never gets removed, so it seems strange that it would appear alongside USB sticks and other removable drives. More than anything it is an annoyance to have the icon present at all times, even if it is "hidden". I am running 64-bit Windows 7.

Hi :)

Did you install any 64 bit drivers for it or just let Windows install it?

All the best Brett :)

Outrigger047

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009

I downloaded the latest driver suite from the hardware manufacturer once the mouse was plugged in. I made sure that my previous mouse drivers had been properly uninstalled. The driver is a 64-bit driver.

Hi :)

I would try uninstalling the mouse driver from the manufacturer then let windows install its own driver, see if that makes a difference, if not contact the Manfacturer.... or try on their forums..

All the best Brett :)

it shouldn't appear in the safeley to remove menu. it should show its own icon with the saitech config utility and thats all... like this i know yours isnt exactly the same as mine but it does show you that it shouldnt be where you say it is... the reason ? for some reason windows thinks your mouse is a storage device. yes the rat has some memory but its not accessible by the user, only by the firmware upgrader... try uninstalling in and getting the newest drivers and software for it... there was a new release when i got mine nearly 2 weeks ago.

btw if you do contact em via email be prepared for a long wait... im still waiting on em getting back to me about the double click issue im having.(it just wont till i turn the click speed right up)

TRENDING THREADS