Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Best sound card for about $50-$100

Last response: in Components
January 9, 2012 9:30:45 PM

What is the best sound card for about $50-$100? And what are the best brands of sound cards?

More about : sound card 100

January 9, 2012 10:06:17 PM

Hi :) 

There are a LOT of good sound cards rangine from Creative to Turtle beach...

And ranging from $20 to Thousands of dollars....

So you pick whats in your financial range.....probably a Creative one...

Oh and dont forget good speakers, its no good having a $100 sound card and $10 speakers....

All the best Brett :) 
Score
Related resources
January 10, 2012 11:01:41 AM

on that budget you just want hardware encoding... which offloads the audio from the cpu onto the sound card. sound quality will always be a secondary with such a low end card but thats not to say you can find a good card for the money... stay away from creative budget cards upto the xtremegamer. you may find an asus xonar or a creative fatality second hand if your lucky... but my experience with sound cards is limited.
Score
January 10, 2012 5:04:22 PM

The HT Omega Striker is a solid card, but I'd recommend the ASUS Xonar D1/DX ahead of it. You also have the ASUS Xonar DS for a bit cheaper, if cost is a major concern.

If your headset has an impedance over 64 Ohms [as many Sennheiser headsets do], then you might consider the ASUS Xonar DG, just for the benefit of its built in amplifier.
Score
January 12, 2012 5:37:14 PM

I wouldn't bother with the Recon3D series; spec wise, the entire lineup is horrid. The only thing going for it is better driver support (so far at least).
Score
!