Closed

Best sound card for about $50-$100

What is the best sound card for about $50-$100? And what are the best brands of sound cards?
6 answers Last reply
More about best sound card
  1. Hi :)

There are a LOT of good sound cards rangine from Creative to Turtle beach...

And ranging from $20 to Thousands of dollars....

So you pick whats in your financial range.....probably a Creative one...

Oh and dont forget good speakers, its no good having a $100 sound card and $10 speakers....

All the best Brett :)
  2. Asus,Auzentech,and HT Omega make the best soundcards imo.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100009293%2050001315%204025&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&CompareItemList=57%7C29-271-001%5E29-271-001-TS%2C29-132-006%5E29-132-006-S01
    I agree with the above poster,no point in buying a decent soundcard for mediocre speakers.
  3. True, I have a sennheiser headset so I would like high quality sound to compliment it. I was thinking this card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829271001 Is that a good buy?
  4. on that budget you just want hardware encoding... which offloads the audio from the cpu onto the sound card. sound quality will always be a secondary with such a low end card but thats not to say you can find a good card for the money... stay away from creative budget cards upto the xtremegamer. you may find an asus xonar or a creative fatality second hand if your lucky... but my experience with sound cards is limited.
  5. The HT Omega Striker is a solid card, but I'd recommend the ASUS Xonar D1/DX ahead of it. You also have the ASUS Xonar DS for a bit cheaper, if cost is a major concern.

If your headset has an impedance over 64 Ohms [as many Sennheiser headsets do], then you might consider the ASUS Xonar DG, just for the benefit of its built in amplifier.
  6. I wouldn't bother with the Recon3D series; spec wise, the entire lineup is horrid. The only thing going for it is better driver support (so far at least).
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Components