Help with fans for new case

k700

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011
hi guys

i just bought the Thermaltake V4 Black Edition VM30001W2Z

case

wanted to buy some fans with it when i bought the case, but the sales man told me its uncesessery, i do belive it needs to be filled with fans where it possible
also because the only fan i get it with from the box attached to the case , was a rear exahust fan

and in the product page in thermaltake's website the say theres optional :

top exahust fan, front intake fan, bootom intake fan..........

but when i unboxed the case it had another 2 places for fan on top & another one on side panel ... but i dont know its for the design only or really meant for attaching on them fans

as i said thermaltake gave one rear exahust fan with thier case + the optional fans the mention : top exhaust + bottom intake+front intake = 4 fans

but i found 2 more places that looks they were meant to be filled with fans...

what do you think?

*also what do you say about the case?

iamnot using the case yet cause i wnt to buy fans but dont know how much?

It's a budget case and the majority of cases in that price range only come with one 120mm fan.
You need to buy 2 more 120mm fans imo.
One for front intake and a top exhaust.
Good inexpensive fans = i use these in 3 cases i have.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103060
When i shopped for a cheap case i looked at the V3/4(same case) but the cheap construction and lack of brass mobo standoffs turned me off.
Bought this instead which was only $5 more where i shop.
COOLER MASTER Elite 430
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119227

AdrianPerry

Distinguished

+1 Front intake works great for cooling the HDD's and bringing fresh cool air into the case. Having the roof exhaust helps remove any build up of heat within the case coming from all components and will help remove heat away from CPU and RAM. Combine this with the rear exhaust already included with your case, and you'll have plenty of cooling.

k700

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011

what about the bottom fan to give up on it?

there is 2 places that look if they are for fan, but iam confuse about them

1.next to the top exhaust there is another vents holes look like the top exhust thermaltake described in their

pics of the case "dual 12cm fan hole for better ventelation"

2.if you look at the pic's theres also the same thing on the side panel named "ventelatons holes on side panel to cool high end graphic card with"

here is the link

scroll to the bottom and you will see

i dont know about you but i really like this case (even didnt tried it yet LOL)....

hi

so you think i should give up on the bottom intake fan?? dont forget this case desigined in that way that the PSU is loctaed at the bottom of the case (look at link) , and the botton fan right next to it

also you guys forgot about my questions , if the "ventlition holes" on the side panel & the "dual 12cm fan hole" (in thermaltake's words) are really for fans or what???

*open this link and scroll to the bottom page and you would see it yourself
plus

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
The bottom fan wont help the PSU in any way and wont draw all that much air in either. So long as you have a front intake fan, you'll be fine and since you considering a side intake fan also, that's more than enough.

One tip though: Make sure you get dust filters on all intake fans. Buying some dust filter mesh and cutting it to size works well and just attach it between the case, and the fan. Having lots of cooling might be good, but over time, without dust filters, all it's really going to do is mean you have lots of cleaning to do inside your case. Too much dust will have very negative effects on cooling.

k700

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011

hi adrian

i guess i will give up on the bottom fan (maybe add it in the future if needed)

yes iam defenitly going to get if posibale a dust filter , cause its annoying all the the time when the case filled with dust

what about the coonector??

what form should i buy 3 pins directly to the MOBO or the 4 pins molex which connect directlyto the PSU

as much as i understand the fans with the 3 pins thats connected to the mobo , can adjust the fan speed automaticly

and whats PWM?