Sign in with
Your question

Replacement Motherboard Asus P7P55D

Last response: in Systems
October 10, 2011 2:52:26 PM

Hi Guys...
I built a system a couple of years ago and it's been doing fine but somehow (please don't ask) I managed to put DDR1 ram into my DDR3 slots and I'm pretty sure I've fried my motherboard.
oh well, life goes on
These are the specs:

Intel Core i5 750 2.66Ghz
Asus P7P55D LE Motherboard
Patriot DDR3 Viper II Sector 5 1600MHz RAM - 2x2GB
Radeon HD4850 1GB DDR3
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular PSU
Four SATA HDs
Antec 300 Case

So the Asus board has been ok but it's not been the most stable and I get a lot of raised eyebrows when I tell people that's what I use. I was wondering if there was another board now, in a similar price bracket that would be as good or better? Or should I just replace it with the same board?
I use the computer for day to day stuff but also producing in Cubase (another 4 GB of ram to come!) I'm still not bothered about firewire and haven't found myself short of usb ports etc.

Hope that's enough detail, thanks.
October 10, 2011 3:11:04 PM

loungecloud said:
Hi Guys...
I built a system a couple of years ago and it's been doing fine but somehow (please don't ask) I managed to put DDR1 ram into my DDR3 slots and I'm pretty sure I've fried my motherboard.
oh well, life goes on
These are the specs:

Intel Core i5 750 2.66Ghz
Asus P7P55D LE Motherboard
Patriot DDR3 Viper II Sector 5 1600MHz RAM - 2x2GB
Radeon HD4850 1GB DDR3
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular PSU
Four SATA HDs
Antec 300 Case

So the Asus board has been ok but it's not been the most stable and I get a lot of raised eyebrows when I tell people that's what I use. I was wondering if there was another board now, in a similar price bracket that would be as good or better? Or should I just replace it with the same board?
I use the computer for day to day stuff but also producing in Cubase (another 4 GB of ram to come!) I'm still not bothered about firewire and haven't found myself short of usb ports etc.

Hope that's enough detail, thanks.

I use the P7P55D and have experienced no issues with it whatsoever.
October 10, 2011 3:17:40 PM

Is it the LE version?
a c 93 B Homebuilt system
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
October 10, 2011 5:46:52 PM

Oh man the P55 is pretty much DOA - you might be able to get away with using a P67 but I think that's mainly meant for SB. Check Tiger and Newegg - there aren't that many motherboards left to choose from.
!