thrine

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2009
Currently I have a computer that I built with:

intel i7-930
6 gbs DDR3 1600
EVGA FTW3 motherboard
GTX 470 graphics cards

Im getting the urge to upgrade something on my computer. I only really do gaming on my computer.

My initial plan was to get a second GTX 470 card and do SLI but no one sells the GTX 470 anymore. And the places that have them are selling them for an outrageous price. So my next thought was to get 2 560 Ti and SLI those but Since that is gonna cost me about $450 I wasnt sure if that would be the most effective use. Or maybe I should just get a more expensive single card. Or make another change.

Just looking for some advice. Or somebody potentially willg to seel me there GTX 470 for a reasonable price lol.

g-unit1111

Titan
I wouldn't bother with the 470. The way I see it is that if no one sells it anymore it probably isn't worth it.

If you can afford it, get a 570 or at the very least an EVGA GeForce 560 overclocked model. SLI isn't really worth it in the long run since you really wont notice huge framerate gains unless you're running like the best of the best when it comes to NVIDIA cards.

Your system looks pretty good as it, but another upgrade you might want to consider is an SSD for your primary storage (the Crucial M4 is a great starting SSD drive, as is the Intel 300 series), while running all your data off a fast secondary HD like the Samsung Spinpoint F3.

Also what CPU cooler are you using? If you're using the standard Intel fan you might want to consider getting a Cooler Master Hyper 212 and doing some light OC'ing.