No Display onboard or on GFX Card

K7ibanez

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
Hi, I am new to this forum and I have always looked at posts but never had an account.

Today I purchased a Radeon HD 5570 and I put it in my computer replacing a 128mb nvidia that came stock with my PC. I plugged in the card, no display. I called XFX and they said that there are a lot of compatibility issues with gateways (Gateway 7310S) and to exchange the card for a 4670. I returned the 5570 and got the 4670, installed and it and same issue. Called XFX back, they said I just got unlucky. So, I took out the 4670 and replaced it with my nvidia and no display. I thought maybe the PCI-E port had damaged in the process. I then tried plugging into the onboard VGA port and nothing.

I did blow air with an air compressor into my PC before the first swap as it was full of dust. Several of my teachers for computer courses had us do that to their pc's 1 - 3 times a semester.

I don't know what to think at this point. Did something maybe come loose when I shot air into it? (was not a lot of pressure). Did something short out when I put the card in? (I wore a grounding cable and touched the power supply before doing anything).

Any ideas or help would REALLY be appreciated.

-- K7Ibanez

P.S. Sorry if this was posted in the wrong section. Like I said, new to this forum and could really use fast answers.

K7ibanez

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011

The card did not even contain a place to attach a power cable, it was on the box as low power and just required to be plugged into to a PCI-E Slot, I have talked to several friends who are computer techs and they believe that the bios corrupted or that the power supply overloaded. Thanks for the tip, will be trying a new power supply tomorrow!

--K7Ibanez