Sign in with
Your question

Trouble with new PSU?

Last response: in Components
January 10, 2012 2:59:31 AM

Just upgraded my brand new computer (bought today) to a Antec EarthWatt 650watt Green power supply. After installing, the computer will freeze while in shutdown mode, and will freeze when it goes idle. I am guessing this is a power issue. Are there any drivers or anything to download to fix this issue? Also, this was my first time installing a new PSU, but I am fairly certain that I plugged everything in that needed to be plugged in.

More about : trouble psu

a b ) Power supply
January 10, 2012 3:12:48 AM

Sounds like a problem with the standby line. Have you checked all of the connections to make sure that they are all seated correctly?
January 10, 2012 3:24:51 AM

Just checked. Everything seems pretty secure. Plugged in the main pin, graphics card, mother board, disc drive, hard drive and floppy. Which one is the standby line?
Related resources
January 10, 2012 4:22:47 AM

Thanks for the chart. I opened up my PC and slowly unconnected all of the pins and then slowly put them all back in. There are 2 SATA ports on my machine, and there are two different SATA lines on my PSU with 3 different pins on each line (if that makes any sense). I made sure that both SATA ports had their own line from my PSU. Booted back up my PC and restarted from the start menu without a hitch (used to freeze up). Letting it sit and go idle to see if it wakes back up. Praying that this works!
!