Group Policy Error Messages

After setting up a Local Group Policy, when a user tries to do
something that they're not suppose to(due to the policy), they will
receive a popup error message, that says something like "this actions
has been restricted by your administrator". Is there anyway to
disable these popup error messages, either through Group Policy Editor
or Registry Hack, or whatever? Thanks in advance.

Jason,

Based on the description of the issue, the message that the user is
experiencing is not an error. Using Group Policy an Administrator restricts
the user actions on a computer.

User rights are rules that determine the actions a user can perform on a
computer. In addition, user rights control whether a user can log on to a
computer directly (locally) or over the network, add users to local groups,
delete users, and so on. Built-in groups have sets of user rights already
assigned. Administrators usually assign user rights by adding a user
account to one of the built-in groups or by creating a new group and
assigning specific user rights to that group. Users who are subsequently
added to a group are automatically granted all user rights assigned to the
group account. User rights are managed using Group Policy.

Srikanth N

kelly

Not that I know of. Will check more into it, though.

--
All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

"jaharris27" <jasonaharris@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> After setting up a Local Group Policy, when a user tries to do
> something that they're not suppose to(due to the policy), they will
> receive a popup error message, that says something like "this actions
> has been restricted by your administrator". Is there anyway to
> disable these popup error messages, either through Group Policy Editor
> or Registry Hack, or whatever? Thanks in advance.

The restrictions message is hard-coded and there seems to be no way to disable that message.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/gp/gpref.asp