Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Best efficient 800 to 1000w psu for 6970

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
Share
January 10, 2012 4:59:27 AM

hi, :sol:  :sol:  :sol: 

I wanna buy a psu it can be handle 6970 crossfire or gtx 580 sli.my work is completely 3d rendering and encoding to 1080p in matroska format. my apps are 3ds max, adobe master suite and cinema 4d.I am thinking about to buy the most efficient and best performer in the crowd, price range is from $100 to 300 usd. it is a little high budget,but it is for long time investment.

Here is a condition, that product must be availble in BHARAT(INDIA),

brand not bothered, but it's service center must be in our country.

recomendations from any website will be accepted.Just i need is a particular model that will do the job as smooth as butter on a knife.

my personnel choice is corsair tx950. I want to know is there any best psu than this. every answer will help most.

it would be delightful if its modular. and one more thing if it has dual 12v rails it is a great desert.

thanks.and have a good day.

:love:  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love: 

More about : efficient 800 1000w psu 6970

January 10, 2012 5:22:44 AM

I don't know if it fits your criteria specifically but the hands down best 1000 Watt PSU is the Seasonic Platinum-1000, just thought I'd mention it...and it's modular.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... for a quick product link to check it out

and a few reviews

9.7 score at jonnyguru http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=...

HardOCP Editor's Choice Gold Award http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/11/01/seasonic_plat...

Hope you can find it in your country!
Score
0
January 10, 2012 6:00:32 AM

dominyon said:
I don't know if it fits your criteria specifically but the hands down best 1000 Watt PSU is the Seasonic Platinum-1000, just thought I'd mention it...and it's modular.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... for a quick product link to check it out

and a few reviews

9.7 score at jonnyguru http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=...

HardOCP Editor's Choice Gold Award http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/11/01/seasonic_plat...

Hope you can find it in your country!


thanks for a quick reply, it is very good psu. Unfortunately it is not availble in our country. :(  :(  :( 
Score
0
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 111 ) Power supply
January 10, 2012 6:20:29 AM

Corsair tx850 or even 950 would be plenty.
Score
0
January 10, 2012 6:41:58 AM

amuffin said:
Corsair tx850 or even 950 would be plenty.



thank u muffin, isn't there any better psu. than tx950 in BHARAT(india) :o  :o  :o 
Score
0
a b ) Power supply
January 10, 2012 10:31:55 AM

The 80+ Platinum units are getting good reviews. I am not sure which ones are available in India, but Super Flower is the OEM for several of them including the Kingwin platinum psu's. Here are some that are available at New Egg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

Good luck in your search. :) 
Score
0
a b ) Power supply
January 10, 2012 10:43:29 AM

on a single card setup the lower wattage psu will give better efficency, as each psu has a different efficiency curve. you want to aim for a little over 50% psu usage to start getting 80+ efficiency as a rule of thumb. problem is psu's dont become efficient till you start stressing them. the curve can start as low as 20% at 100w and not get anwhere near 80 percent till your up to 400w. (this is typical for this mythical 850+ bronze rated psu that im gonna use for this explanation), silver rated version tend to have a flatter efficiency curve where the 80+ efficiency starts at say 300w and carries on till you get to 600w then drops off, and gold will be flatter still giving a much broader range where the pus hits the 80+ efficiency score...

this is pretty hard to explain without a graph so i hope you understand it.
Score
0
January 12, 2012 4:00:18 AM

HEXiT said:
on a single card setup the lower wattage psu will give better efficency, as each psu has a different efficiency curve. you want to aim for a little over 50% psu usage to start getting 80+ efficiency as a rule of thumb. problem is psu's dont become efficient till you start stressing them. the curve can start as low as 20% at 100w and not get anwhere near 80 percent till your up to 400w. (this is typical for this mythical 850+ bronze rated psu that im gonna use for this explanation), silver rated version tend to have a flatter efficiency curve where the 80+ efficiency starts at say 300w and carries on till you get to 600w then drops off, and gold will be flatter still giving a much broader range where the pus hits the 80+ efficiency score...

this is pretty hard to explain without a graph so i hope you understand it.


thanks hexit, I know all this, when I start rendering the video it will goto 70 to 80% psu usage within 2minutes, and often we work in 2560x1600 resolution, so it will need a best effiecient psu, who can deliver more than 600w continuesly, :sol:  :sol:  :sol: 
Score
0
a c 1218 ) Power supply
January 12, 2012 5:34:49 AM

vdr369 said:
friends, i done a lot of search and I loved this product is it good

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Corsair-CMPSU-850HX-850w-80-Silv...

and i found review from jonny guru too for this one

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=...

tell me is it worht it that price, in today's doller rate it would be $230 usd.

It's excellent according to at least seven other reputable test review sites' reviews of the Corsair Professional Series HX850W.

It sells for around $170 US or $160 US after the $10 rebate.

Can't go wrong with a 7 year warranty.
Score
0
January 12, 2012 5:48:40 AM

ko888 said:
It's excellent according to at least seven other reputable test review sites' reviews of the Corsair Professional Series HX850W.

It sells for around $170 US or $160 US after the $10 rebate.

Can't go wrong with a 7 year warranty.


thanks pal,the pricing here is a robbery cause, we import everthing in I.T. products from usa and other major countries
:sol:  :sol:  :sol:  :sol:  :sol:  :sol: 
Score
0

Best solution

a c 275 ) Power supply
January 12, 2012 4:19:58 PM
Share
January 17, 2012 4:00:57 AM

Best answer selected by vdr369.
Score
0
!