Gigabyte GTX 560 TI SO issues

mcrakhman

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
I think that my graphics card is working slower than it should be. Maybe i am just paranoid :( i don't know

Computer specs are the following:
i5 2500k 3.3 Ghz stock
4 Gb Kingston 1333mhz
Gigabyte p67x motherboard
Gigabyte GTX Ti 560 SO stock (idle temp 35-37, gaming temp (70 - as usual, 76-79- maximum load)
Windows 7 Ultimate x86

I've done a few benchmark tests:

1. Stalker COP (ULTRA, everything maximum, 4xAA, HDAO, SSAO ultra), average fps:
day - 64
night - 68
rain -72
sun shafts - 46

2. AVP benchmark

Resolution: 1680 x 1050
Texture Quality: 3
Shadow Quality: 3
Anisotropic Filtering: 16
SSAO: ON
Vertical Sync: OFF
DX11 Tessellation: ON
DX11 Advanced Shadjavascript:%20void(0);ows: ON
DX11 MSAA Samples: 4

Benchmark Summary:

Number of frames: 4473
Average Frame Time: 23.4ms
Average FPS: 42.7
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it ok?
And if not (and even if yes) what should i do to check my system properly. Should i test my computer in all of the benchmarks?

Maybe my fan is too bad for a system like mine, could the fan have the influence on overall performance?

Also when i play games for 5-6 hours fps slightly (or may be not so slightly) drops, is it a fan issue?

Or maybe the problem is in my 7 Ultimate operating system?

Sorry if i asked a lot of stupid questions.
Thank you.

I've got a GB 560 ti soc ( 950mhz ) and i'm having even worse fps than that. I've got an i7 870 2,9, 8G Ram. People tell me it's oke but i think it's a lousy peace of crap. But hey, thats probably because i'm stupid or something. Did you have another card before this one in your system ? I had an 465 before and it did do the job better, i'm sure of that. (and in my mind this shouldn't be possible )

mcrakhman

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011

No i didn't have another card. I agree the tests prove that the card has average performance, but its slightly worse than in some tests i've read about SOC.

It would be cool if anyone with similar configuration put his benchmark tests here

tsmith09

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009

What I found out that you need to do is run the OC GURU Utility that comes on the disc from gigabyte. Sadly this is what boots up the card and runs it at full power. I don't know why it needs a utility but it works. Let me know if otherwise

Euh, well, that was yesterday then. Now when i play with EVGA the game shuts down after a couple of minutes ( ???????? )
Oc Guru does fine now ( again ; ??????? ) Sorry, but i'm really getting crazy from this card.
What i did notice though today that in the game i'm playing ( not sure if it helps in your game ) that switching of the AA made a great improvement in fps and playebillity, it runs much smoother now.
Also ; did you download the latest drivers from the official gigabyte site ? Also you can download a program wich let you check out if you have the latest bios driver and if needed a flash utility in one.
I think you can only use gigabyte drivers and guru because of the high voltage the card needs to run on. The first drivers let the card work with 0,95 V and then it crashes and hangs a lot, rebooting and stuff. ( i had that problem with the original drivers ) Now with the latest drivers it runs on 1.04 to 1.15 V. So probably other OC programs won't let the voltage become that high i think, but i could be wrong. probably you can do that manually, but i won't go there, i do not know enough about oc-ing to do that safely.
Weird thing is on OC Guru i can switch from auto to manual settings for the voltage settings but i only can upper the memory voltage, when i try to slide the GPU voltage slider it won't move an inch.