Paul

Splendid

Hi

I lost Jaheria and Viconia in Nalia's Castle. After I got out, I
bought the Rod of Resurrection but I can only raise Viconia but not
Jaheira. Why?

Thanks.

"Paul" <paulw@mmail.ath.cx> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I lost Jaheria and Viconia in Nalia's Castle. After I got out, I
> bought the Rod of Resurrection but I can only raise Viconia but not
> Jaheira. Why?

Did you by any chance go beat a lich and get an item called the Rod of
Terror? Using it stands a chance of reducing Charisma by 1 *permanently*
with every hit, if it reaches 0 you DIE because you die whenever ANY
stat hits 0. If you resurrect somebody whose stat is 0, they come to
life and die again immediately due to having 0 stats. Sorry, but she's
effectively permanently dead.

Alternatively, if somebody gets hit too hard while they have too few hit
points, they can get "gibbed" - that is, chopped up into so many pieces
that they're unresurrectable. In this case, their portrait should
disappear from your screen altogether, there is no way of restoring them
short of going back to a previous save.

Jonathan.

Jonathan Ellis wrote:
> "Paul" <paulw@mmail.ath.cx> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > I lost Jaheria and Viconia in Nalia's Castle. After I got out, I
> > bought the Rod of Resurrection but I can only raise Viconia but not
> > Jaheira. Why?
>
> Did you by any chance go beat a lich and get an item called the Rod
of
> Terror? Using it stands a chance of reducing Charisma by 1
*permanently*
> with every hit, if it reaches 0 you DIE because you die whenever ANY
> stat hits 0. If you resurrect somebody whose stat is 0, they come to
> life and die again immediately due to having 0 stats. Sorry, but
she's
> effectively permanently dead.
>
> Alternatively, if somebody gets hit too hard while they have too few
hit
> points, they can get "gibbed" - that is, chopped up into so many
pieces
> that they're unresurrectable. In this case, their portrait should
> disappear from your screen altogether, there is no way of restoring
them
> short of going back to a previous save.
>
> Jonathan.
Damn that Rod of Terror. That's it, that's problem. Thanks.

> Damn that Rod of Terror. That's it, that's problem. Thanks.

I don't know why that thing is even in the game. Even for those who
might not mind the charisma drop, there are better weapons. It only
serves to screw-up the games of the unwary. What is worse, by time the
character dies, you may no longer have a save before ugliness set in.
This is particularly harsh considering that the wielder may be your
special friend.

Now maybe if there was a quest which counteracted its effects . . .

Fireclown schrieb:
> Now maybe if there was a quest which counteracted its effects . . .

The "Ring of Human Influence" or whatever it is called should cancel out
the effect...

Uli

Ulrich Wurst wrote:
> Fireclown schrieb:
>
>> Now maybe if there was a quest which counteracted its effects . . .
>

> The "Ring of Human Influence" or whatever it is called should cancel out
> the effect...
>
> Uli

Until you die, then you lose the ring your cha drops to 0 and you cannot
be raised.

MSH