Unable to perform clean install through partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberio

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010
I'm using a Asus G60VX-RBBX05, and I'm trying to perform a clean install with its recovery partition, but F9 just takes me to the startup repair without the option of reinstalling. My dvd is corrupted due to moisture. A previous image and backup doesn't exist btw.

Solution

+1

Combat Wombat

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
You def's don't want a repair you want to boot from that partition i guess..

F12, F2, F9 are the common buttons that bring you to your boot options. try all of them, some Mobo's wont even display which one brings you to setup/boot menu, so its just trial and error.

some laptops require you to go in the bios and turn on the recovery option before you can use it to restore from--

called d2d in acer bios dont know what its called in asus bios

i cant restore my acer unless this is turned on in bios--be nice if they told you this--it took me ages to figure it out

f9 is usually the right key for asus recovery

Combat Wombat

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011

+1

Solution

Alberio

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010

The problem is that it only presents options to recover and repair, and there are no restore points. I've checked every option in the BIOS, I've hit every F button. All F9 does is bring up the Startup Repair. It just won't show me the restore to factory default option.

Andd... crap, I didn't mention I'm doing this since windows won't boot properly. All it does is show several blue lines at the very top left of the screen, and then what appears to be a thin colored line of corruption at the very top

Alberio

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010

To be blunt, it will never load up "starting windows", instead it's just corruption, as I described

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS