Sign in with
Your question

Presario 1500 RAM Issue

Last response: in Memory
November 5, 2012 6:47:05 PM

Hello! I am trying to update my old laptop's RAM but I am running into some problems. I have a Compaq Presario 1500 and it has a 1 gig RAM limit. I would like to upgrade it to that so I added two 512 sticks to it. After I made sure that both sticks were fine and properly seated, I checked to see if they were detected and it says that only 448 MB of memory is detected. What do I do? There isn't a BIOS update for this model or I would try that. The boot.ini file doesn't have a memory limit. When I actually access the BIOS screen, there is nothing anywhere that allows me to do anything with the memory.

What do I do? Thank you very much for your time.

a c 81 } Memory
November 5, 2012 7:14:27 PM

GreatGreatWelcomSign said:
Hello! I am trying to update my old laptop's RAM but I am running into some problems. I have a Compaq Presario 1500 and it has a 1 gig RAM limit. I would like to upgrade it to that so I added two 512 sticks to it. After I made sure that both sticks were fine and properly seated, I checked to see if they were detected and it says that only 448 MB of memory is detected. What do I do? There isn't a BIOS update for this model or I would try that. The boot.ini file doesn't have a memory limit. When I actually access the BIOS screen, there is nothing anywhere that allows me to do anything with the memory.

What do I do? Thank you very much for your time.

http://www.crucial.com/store/mpartspecs.aspx?mtbpoid=7A...
if the ram you have is the same type. i would put one dimm in at a time in each ram slot to see if it the ram or the slot. if the ram amount does not change and you think it the ram call the vendor up and return it for a refund or replacement.
November 5, 2012 7:21:37 PM

I have tried them both seperately and they seem to both be fine - the actual ram and the slots. What else could I try?
November 5, 2012 7:22:00 PM

what type of RAM did you buy?
!