Will this setup be ok??

Hey,

Im building y own PC and jst wanted to check if these will go together and fit fine?

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
Asus Crosshair IV Formula AMD 890FX
Corsair HX 750W ATX2.2 Modular
Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced Case
LG GH22NS70 22x DVD+/-RW
1 TB Hard Drive
Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz

And was just wondering, would the Corsair HX 650W ATX2.2 Modular be fine?

THANKS!
16 answers Last reply
More about will setup
  1. the 650 will be plenty, in fact you wont need more than 500 with no video card.
  2. Obviously its not going to be able to make some kind of image on a monitor till you fit a graphics card , and since that is the most power hungry component in many computers you are really just asking us to guess .

    I can say though that the whole build is a huge waste of money on a dead end system .
    And thats even without knowing what you plan on using it for .

    AMD will release new Bulldozer processors in a day or two . The very minimum for a sensible AMD build today is to use a motherboard and RAM that is compatible with those new processors
  3. I would stick with the 750w because you will need more wattage to generate an image on your monitor without a video card.
  4. ye sorry forgot to mention the GPU, its the Asus Geforce GTX 550 TI
  5. pablofrindo said:
    ye sorry forgot to mention the GPU, its the Asus Geforce GTX 550 TI

    550 ti is a terrible choice. I consider it one of 2 nvidia cards you should never purchase: it and the gtx 560(non-ti), cause the 550ti is slower than a gtx460, and the gtx560 is just an overclocked gtx 460.

    either get a 560ti or 460, or an amd card, like a 6850 or 6870
  6. morgoth780 said:
    550 ti is a terrible choice. I consider it one of 2 nvidia cards you should never purchase: it and the gtx 560(non-ti), cause the 550ti is slower than a gtx460, and the gtx560 is just an overclocked gtx 460.

    either get a 560ti or 460, or an amd card, like a 6850 or 6870


    I second this. The 560 Ti is the best for price/performance in my opinion.
  7. ares640 said:
    I second this. The 560 Ti is the best for price/performance in my opinion.

    especially as it's an oc'ing beast
  8. ok cool, but will 650W be enough or do i need the 750W???
  9. pablofrindo said:
    Hey,

    Im building y own PC and jst wanted to check if these will go together and fit fine?

    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
    Asus Crosshair IV Formula AMD 890FX
    Corsair HX 750W ATX2.2 Modular
    Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced Case
    LG GH22NS70 22x DVD+/-RW
    1 TB Hard Drive
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz

    And was just wondering, would the Corsair HX 650W ATX2.2 Modular be fine?

    THANKS!

    This isn't a gaming build is it? For that kind of money...case and board, you could get yourself a SB build and do it right.
  10. what do you recommend?
  11. pablofrindo said:
    what do you recommend?


    If you want a new PC right now, get the 2500k. If you don't mind waiting 3-8 months, then that would be the better option. By that time, the entire new AMD and intel line should be released with better performance than sandy bridge.
  12. pablofrindo said:
    what do you recommend?

    A 2500K. Bulldozer could be a total flop like every cpu AMD has put out the last five years.

    What's your budget, what country, and do you need a monitor...Windows, etc.. included ?
  13. Why_me dont be such a fanboy . Dollar for dollar AMD have been a much better proposition than intel for all of those years you say they flopped .

    Today if you have a $600 budget you still get much more . If you have a $1000 you can get a 2500K but for gaming that makes little to no difference since the limitation for gaming is almost always the graphics card .

    None of which changes the fact that the OP's build is not worth building .
  14. Outlander_04 said:
    Why_me dont be such a fanboy . Dollar for dollar AMD have been a much better proposition than intel for all of those years you say they flopped .

    Today if you have a $600 budget you still get much more . If you have a $1000 you can get a 2500K but for gaming that makes little to no difference since the limitation for gaming is almost always the graphics card .

    None of which changes the fact that the OP's build is not worth building .

    When I game I want the best that my money will get me. If I wanted cheap I would go to Walmart and get me a $350 pre-built. For $800 I can post an Intel build that will mop the floor with any AMD build atm. These SB builds just keep getting cheaper and cheaper to build.
  15. but for the price nothing beats AMD and also down the road a six core will be advantageous and right now it will do plenty. spend your extra money on a nicer video card instead of getting a Intel setup which you cant upgrade in couple of years cause they changed the socket size again.
  16. if you want to save a little money on a board i suggest
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131733
    also if you want to save money on a case read this
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nzxt-gamma-rosewill-challenger-silverstone-precision,2723-16.html
    as for ram i always go with a-data, cheap and easy to overclock.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211457
    as for your video card two 6850's really do some damage in all the games used in benchmarks. and seem like the best bang for your buck in the highend video gaming side.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build AMD Corsair Systems Product