Voltage problem with ASUS A53SV

akira357

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
Hey guys,
recently arrived in grenada to study medicine. The voltage here is different [220v] but each room has a transformer and we are able to plug in our 110v appliances. Anyway, when I arrived I charged my laptop [using a surge protector power strip] and noticed a faint squeaking noise from my laptop charger [sound coming from the box of the charger]. I changed outlets and the noise stopped. I have been a little paranoid since this has happened and I installed CPU ID to monitor the voltage. Apperently my voltage should be around 10.8v. When the laptop is not plugged in the voltage is 10.8V by sometimes drops as low as 10.6V. The weird thing is that when I begin charging the laptop, the voltage keeps increasing...even till 11.8V [I then unplugged it at this point because I heard it wasnt good for the laptop to go +1 above its standard voltage]. I have tried contacting asus but they are of no help. Please, can anyone offer some advice? Thanks!

G

Akira, I own Asus A53SV laptop (I52430 and GF540). I bought it a month ago and after about a week or two the monitor was gone. I took the laptop from the service yesterday and the epilog is that the monitor and the MBO were changed - in other words it's a new laptop! No comments were given. So it can be that some models have voltage problem - monitors are sensitive to voltage oscilations. I didn't check the voltage then, that's a pitty. Now the voltage is 12.2V when not on mains, and 12.45V when on mains. What can I say, keep your eye on the monitor :) and the voltage, and I would write to asus's global not the local dealer and say something like my monitor is behaving strangely and I heard that a model has voltage problems.
Best of luck...

TRENDING THREADS