Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Where can I find the bios update for this mobo

Last response: in Motherboards
November 5, 2012 8:34:39 PM

I bought a Lenovo K330B last year and Im looking to upgrade the processor (Currently a G620) I know the i5 2500k SANDY bridge will work but Im assuming that I cannot use the IVY bridge unless I update my bios. Ive been looking all around and cant find an update for them anywhere (Dont even know if it IS updated anymore).

MOBO: CIH61M V1.0
BIOS Ver: DPKT21A 08/08/2011

So two questions... Would an i5 2500k sandy bridge work with it and where could I find the BIOS update if anywhere?

Thanks.

EDIT: Incase this helps at all the PC model is Lenovo K330B 7747-1TU

More about : find bios update mobo

November 8, 2012 1:17:19 AM

Bump
m
l

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
November 8, 2012 1:26:03 AM

1- don't bump
2- if there are any BIOS updates, they would be on Lenovo's site
3- first-party OEMs rarely add support for new CPUs in their BIOS except in the rare event where the manufacturer decides to extend the model line to new CPUs using the same motherboard
4- OEMs rarely support overclocking in their BIOS which makes 2500k/3570k pointless

So you are probably better off forgetting about it and replace the motherboard along with the CPU.
Related resources
November 8, 2012 3:51:53 AM

InvalidError said:
1- don't bump
2- if there are any BIOS updates, they would be on Lenovo's site
3- first-party OEMs rarely add support for new CPUs in their BIOS except in the rare event where the manufacturer decides to extend the model line to new CPUs using the same motherboard
4- OEMs rarely support overclocking in their BIOS which makes 2500k/3570k pointless

So you are probably better off forgetting about it and replace the motherboard along with the CPU.

Thanks for the reply and sorry I thought bumping was allowed on this site.
m
l
November 8, 2012 3:52:08 AM

Best answer selected by bwathke.
m
l
!