Sign in with
Your question

Pages hanging and loading slowly again

Last response: in Forum Feedback
October 12, 2009 2:08:52 AM

Now what did you do?
For the last two or three days pages have been loading very slowly - and often hanging such that I had to hit refresh just to get the whole page to load. Again it appears to be hanging on the ad - not the top banner with the THG info but the advertising banner right below it that is centered and about 2/3 of the page wide.
This problem seems to arise on all pages - including the homepage and forum pages.
October 12, 2009 2:07:26 PM

Hi,

Do you have any idea which ad is causing the problem? Anything more specific than the top ad would be of immense help.

Thanks,
Justin
October 12, 2009 2:36:26 PM

I thought I did describe the location above. Right now the ad is for Bing - but it changes. And this is only my impression. Maybe the page is trying to load something I don't see on the screen - from a lower part of the page. I don't know.
Related resources
October 12, 2009 2:37:14 PM

NOw it is for the National Fatherhood Initiative.
October 12, 2009 2:37:44 PM

Now it is for BoostUp.Org
October 12, 2009 11:53:47 PM

I haven't noticed any really diffreences in the last few days, but the site has always taken a while to load for me.
October 13, 2009 12:12:25 AM

I am suffering the same fate although I thought it might be my router or just my connection.

I have adblock and no script running so not sure about the ad theory.
October 13, 2009 1:37:01 AM

It is back to normal now. But it was slow for about three days - and hanging so I often had to use refresh to get a page to load,
October 13, 2009 3:49:51 AM

Hey,

Unfortunately ad servers can sometimes slow down for specific people (routing errors, etc). I'm glad its back to normal though. Let me know if it happens again!

Justin
!