Your question

Memory Issues! HyperX + 1333

Tags:
  • Memory
  • DDR3
Last response: in Memory
November 5, 2012 10:45:35 PM

Hello,

I have a ASUS P8P67 mobo which is a 3 X 2GB Kinston Hyperx DDR3 which are able to run at 1600mhz. I got a 4gb PNY DDR3 1333 mhz module from a friend to top me up at 10GB total. I was hoping to be able to set my bios up to DDR3-1333, but even after doing that it does not seem to work. The computer powers up and the fans start to go, but the monitor still says no video signal and I don't hear the HDDs whirring. Is there something I am doing wrong or is the PNY stick just not compatible? The slots are 2X2 and with one of the HyperX sticks removed it seems works fine. With all 4 slots filled with the 3 HyperX sticks and one PNY 4GB stick - it's a no go.

Thanks in advance.

More about : memory issues hyperx 1333

a b } Memory
November 5, 2012 11:03:18 PM

Mixing memory just sometimes doesn't work.
m
l
a b } Memory
November 5, 2012 11:26:59 PM

dtron3030 said:
Hello,

I have a ASUS P8P67 mobo which is a 3 X 2GB Kinston Hyperx DDR3 which are able to run at 1600mhz. I got a 4gb PNY DDR3 1333 mhz module from a friend to top me up at 10GB total. I was hoping to be able to set my bios up to DDR3-1333, but even after doing that it does not seem to work. The computer powers up and the fans start to go, but the monitor still says no video signal and I don't hear the HDDs whirring. Is there something I am doing wrong or is the PNY stick just not compatible? The slots are 2X2 and with one of the HyperX sticks removed it seems works fine. With all 4 slots filled with the 3 HyperX sticks and one PNY 4GB stick - it's a no go.

Thanks in advance.

Your mobo is a dual channel motherboard, try the 4 gb + 2 of the 2 gb modules for a total of 8 gb.

Odd numbers of ram usually result in lower performance anyways because the odd one out gets single channel speeds IF it works at all.
m
l
!