Solved

Asrock Extreme 4 Z77 vs ASUS P8Z77-V LK

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Cooler Master
  • Product
Last response: in Motherboards
November 5, 2012 11:38:12 PM

I will be using a 3570k, i may overclock in the future, not to sure. So i'm not sure between these two motherboards, ill put the specs of what my PC will probably be.
Cooler Master HAF XM
i5 3570K
Cooler Master V6 gt
Corsair Vengeance 8gb
GTX 660
1tb WD black HDD
120 gb OCZ ssd
OCZ 650W ZT fully modular power supply

More about : asrock extreme z77 asus p8z77

November 7, 2012 3:44:07 PM

Get the ASRock and save $80.
m
l

Best solution

November 8, 2012 5:37:41 AM

The AsRock be the one I would recommend.

* It has really good on board sound compared to most other boards.
* It has 2 more USB 3 plugs on the back of the board.
* Has better phase power system assuming you go ahead and over clock.

The ASUS board may claim to have breaking edge software and that eco stuff but they have been shown to not work as advertised or are just useless.

So yeah get the AsRock extreme 4 Z77
November 8, 2012 10:22:26 AM

Best answer selected by brianlaserbeam.
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 8, 2012 10:25:33 AM

zcoot said:
The AsRock be the one I would recommend.

* It has really good on board sound compared to most other boards.
* It has 2 more USB 3 plugs on the back of the board.
* Has better phase power system assuming you go ahead and over clock.

The ASUS board may claim to have breaking edge software and that eco stuff but they have been shown to not work as advertised or are just useless.

So yeah get the AsRock extreme 4 Z77

actually they have the same amount of usb 3.0 ports, the asrock has 2 more sata 3 ports and an esata port. the asus has an extra usb 2.0 internal header

the asus board comes with a free diablo 3 mouse pad

the both have roughly the same audio, they are both realtek 8 channel

the asrock has better heat sinks and premium gold caps which = better for overclocking

so a free mouse pad, display port and an extra usb 2.0 internal header are the asus pros.

esata, 2 more sata 3, better heat sinks a gold caps for better overclocking are the asrock pros
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 8, 2012 10:26:08 AM

thats a shame, best answer has some false information
m
l
November 8, 2012 1:05:09 PM

Anonymous said:
actually they have the same amount of usb 3.0 ports, the asrock has 2 more sata 3 ports and an esata port. the asus has an extra usb 2.0 internal header

the asus board comes with a free diablo 3 mouse pad

the both have roughly the same audio, they are both realtek 8 channel

the asrock has better heat sinks and premium gold caps which = better for overclocking

so a free mouse pad, display port and an extra usb 2.0 internal header are the asus pros.

esata, 2 more sata 3, better heat sinks a gold caps for better overclocking are the asrock pros

To start with I have no clue where that mouse pad comes from...

Anyway I noticed that the ASUS board does have a DP out on the back but unless you want to use lucid/integrated there is no benefit since the OP said he has a GTX 660.

As for the on board sound I understand that they are similar models, but the AsRock board has THQ TruStudio.

As for USB plugs I misread the ASUS site *sorry* they do have the same amount of USB 3.0 slots on the back. Although these days USB 2.0 is a dying fashion, and if the OP is getting a up-to-date case it will likely only have USB 3.0 support on the front.

So again I would still recommend the AsRock since it has extra features as opposed to the ASUS board. If the prices are like anything I have seen the AsRock board is about $10-$20 cheaper.

-side note the AsRock board looks better if case modding...

m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 8, 2012 1:32:46 PM

dont get all pissy, i would choose the asrock board too. i simply state the facts whether they are worth considering or not, you never know, the OP might be a massive fan of diablo 3 haha
m
l
November 8, 2012 1:39:30 PM

Anonymous said:
dont get all pissy, i would choose the asrock board too. i simply state the facts whether they are worth considering or not, you never know, the OP might be a massive fan of diablo 3 haha

Where did you read about that mouse pad???

Other then that I weren't trying to make anyone look bad.
m
l
!