Solved

Good motherboards?

I'm looking for a cheap but reliable ATX, intel Z77, LGA 1155 motherboard, and I need 1 PCI 16x and max RAM of 32GB or higher.
16 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about good motherboards
  1. 32GB is the max possible on LGA1155 since LGA1155 only supports four slots and the largest DIMMs are 8GB. If you want more than that, you'll have to go with LGA2011 for up to 64GB.

Running dual-DIMM per channel with some DIMMs/MoBo/CPU combinations may require RAM downclocking for stability reasons.
  2. Are MSI or gigabyte motherboards any good?
  3. Spartin503 said:
    Are MSI or gigabyte motherboards any good?

asus and srock are typically tied for most boards though the asrock boards more budget friendly, and that gigabyte and intel, msi boards dont always get good ratings [typically]
  4. how many sata ports do you need and what i/o's do you need [usb 3.0/2.0, esata, display ports, audio, lan]

what is your price range?
  5. Best answer
    ahthurungnone said:

+1 i would also recommend this board
  6. i personally like gigabyte. i think msi is pretty low and ecs is even worse.
  7. i have a gigabyte board, for some reason they have an issue were they cannot wake from sleep, i dont know if this has been addressed yet, my board is a year and a half old, it used to be the best z68 board on the market
  8. I need at least 2 SATA 2's and 1 SATA 3, 1 USB 3.0 and 4 USB 2.0, LAN, a mic jack and a speaker jack.
  9. the extreme4 fits all your needs although you will have to use 2 of the usb 3.0 as 2.0
  10. What would be the best H77 socket mobo that I could get with the same i/o and sata needs?
  11. Spartin503 said:
    What would be the best H77 socket mobo that I could get with the same i/o and sata needs?

Even the B75 chipset meets those requirements.

I'm not aware of any motherboard manufacturer shipping boards with less than GbE Ethernet in the past 4+ years, all 3rd-gen Intel chipsets have at least 1xSATA3, 4xUSB3 and 6xUSB2, practically all boards in the past 5-12 years have on-board AC97 or HD Audio for the past 5-6 years.
  12. Spartin503 said:
    What would be the best H77 socket mobo that I could get with the same i/o and sata needs?

the extreme4 has the best performance/quality/price/features ratio that i can find on the market. its an excellent value
  13. Best answer selected by spartin503.
  14. Thanks everyone for you contributions.
  15. your welome
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards PCI Intel ATX Product